Homeplugs WoW.

Old May 10th 07, 02:15 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
meggahurtz

Default Homeplugs WoW.

Brought some of those Homeplugs for extending my network to parts my
wireless can`t reach.

Wow they are brilliant!!!

I started reading the user manual and thought hmmm then plugged them in and
bang they worked straight out of the box..

Can`t recommend them enough, now to disable the wifi just in case the News
reports are true regarding Tumours etc :0)

Old May 10th 07, 07:03 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

"Meggahurtz" wrote in message
Brought some of those Homeplugs for extending my network to parts my
wireless can`t reach.

Wow they are brilliant!!!

I started reading the user manual and thought hmmm then plugged them in
and bang they worked straight out of the box..

Can`t recommend them enough, now to disable the wifi just in case the News
reports are true regarding Tumours etc :0)

I wonder what frequency the homeplugs radiate at and what power they output?
They must be quite high as mains wiring is very lossy at RF frequencies.
Have you checked with Lenny to see if scientists are demanding an
investigation into mains carried RF yet?

Old May 10th 07, 07:26 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
meggahurtz

"Victor Meldrew" wrote in message

I got a pair of these from Solwise 6 months ago and have never had a
problem.

Sounds like the one`s I brought, 85mb turbo ones by any chance

They even work when I plugged one in to the next door
neighbours ring main.

Thats interesting, are these RF? I pressumed they worked via "Ground" or
something..

Old May 10th 07, 07:34 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
John

"Meggahurtz" wrote in message

"Victor Meldrew" wrote in message

I got a pair of these from Solwise 6 months ago and have never had a
problem.

Sounds like the one`s I brought, 85mb turbo ones by any chance

They even work when I plugged one in to the next door
neighbours ring main.

Thats interesting, are these RF? I pressumed they worked via "Ground" or
something..

No, they are not RF. They work by sending the data on the mains electricity
cables and, as it's common for one or two neighbouring properties to be on
the same phase, they work in the neighbours house as well. I may be wrong
but I don't think they would work in neighbouring properties that are on
different phases.

John

Old May 10th 07, 07:57 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

"John" wrote in message

"Meggahurtz" wrote in message

"Victor Meldrew" wrote in message

I got a pair of these from Solwise 6 months ago and have never had a
problem.

Sounds like the one`s I brought, 85mb turbo ones by any chance

They even work when I plugged one in to the next door
neighbours ring main.

Thats interesting, are these RF? I pressumed they worked via "Ground" or
something..

No, they are not RF.

Err.. yes they are.

They work by sending the data on the mains electricity cables

This true.. they send RF along the mains cable (and anywhere that the cables
radiate too).

Old May 10th 07, 08:11 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Bob Eager

On Thu, 10 May 2007 18:34:01 UTC, "John"
wrote:

Thats interesting, are these RF? I pressumed they worked via "Ground" or
something..

No, they are not RF.

Yes, they are.

They work by sending the data on the mains electricity
cables

What, at 50 bits (or 100 bits)/second? No. they send RF down the cables
(very lossy, as stated).

euthanasia recommended. ]
Old May 10th 07, 10:38 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
PeterC

On Thu, 10 May 2007 13:15:38 GMT, Meggahurtz wrote:

Brought some of those Homeplugs for extending my network to parts my
wireless can`t reach.

Wow they are brilliant!!!

I started reading the user manual and thought hmmm then plugged them in and
bang they worked straight out of the box..

Can`t recommend them enough, now to disable the wifi just in case the News
reports are true regarding Tumours etc :0)

Not just that - even p/w-protected WiFi can be cracked in a minute or so.

Can the signal via homeplugs be seen by another property on the same
transformer and phase? The next-but-one house to me is on the same phase
and wires.
--
Peter.
If you can do it today, you didn't put off enough yesterday.
Old May 10th 07, 10:51 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

"PeterC" wrote in message
.. .
On Thu, 10 May 2007 13:15:38 GMT, Meggahurtz wrote:

Brought some of those Homeplugs for extending my network to parts my
wireless can`t reach.

Wow they are brilliant!!!

I started reading the user manual and thought hmmm then plugged them in
and
bang they worked straight out of the box..

Can`t recommend them enough, now to disable the wifi just in case the
News
reports are true regarding Tumours etc :0)

Not just that - even p/w-protected WiFi can be cracked in a minute or so.

No it can't.
WEP protected can be cracked.
WPA protected will take far longer if ever.

Can the signal via homeplugs be seen by another property on the same
transformer and phase? The next-but-one house to me is on the same phase
and wires.

As they transmit RF over lossy cables they can be picked up in the street if
you have the correct kit.

They may be blocked by the coils in the meter and not be picked up on the
cable outside the property but it depends on the meter.

Old May 11th 07, 08:52 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Gordon Henderson

In article ,
Fantastic @ wrote:
On Thu, 10 May 2007 22:38:47 +0100, PeterC wrote:

Can the signal via homeplugs be seen by another property on the same
transformer and phase? The next-but-one house to me is on the same phase
and wires.

For all your neighbours to share your network is great asset for
privacy and security.

I've found that electric meters and the in-line filters fitted in some
extension leads to be very effective filters to the ether over mains
signals...

Gordon
Old May 11th 07, 01:14 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
meggahurtz

"Fantastic" "=?x-user-defined?Q? @ ?=" wrote in message
On Thu, 10 May 2007 22:38:47 +0100, PeterC wrote:

Can the signal via homeplugs be seen by another property on the same
transformer and phase? The next-but-one house to me is on the same phase
and wires.

For all your neighbours to share your network is great asset for
privacy and security.

They have individual passwords on each adaptor so can`t see that a problem..