Pipex tell me that I ower them nearly 150 !!

Old May 10th 07, 06:03 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Steve Harvey

Default Pipex tell me that I ower them nearly 150 !!

Hi,
I have just opened a paper bill from Pipex telling me that I owe them
nearly 150. Apparently due a billing cock-up - which they admit is THEIR
fault, they have forgotten to take the last 6 months payment from my cc
account and now tell me that they want to take it all in one lump sum next
week.

Has anyone had a similar experience - if so have they been able to
negotiate a less severe underpayment recovery schedule ??

........ Perhaps I need to ask for a MAC ??

Thanks in advance.....

Steve

Old May 10th 07, 06:21 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband,uk.legal
James Luff

Hugh wrote:
In article ,
says...
Hi,
I have just opened a paper bill from Pipex telling me that I owe them
nearly 150. Apparently due a billing cock-up - which they admit is THEIR
fault, they have forgotten to take the last 6 months payment from my cc
account and now tell me that they want to take it all in one lump sum next
week.

Has anyone had a similar experience - if so have they been able to
negotiate a less severe underpayment recovery schedule ??

....... Perhaps I need to ask for a MAC ??

Thanks in advance.....

Steve

Perhaps you need to pay the bill, or is the amount owing incorrect ?

This is a problem that hundreds of customers seem to be having. I had
the same problem but noticed the billing error early and tried to repay
the amount several times. They failed to do anything about it so it
resulted in me contacting the CEO of Pipex to complain and I had my
account credited to the amount I owed, effectively meaning I got 2
months (the time it took me to notice) free.

I would suggest you contact Pipex and talk to them about it. Technically
you owe them the money, you didn't pay (despite the automated billing)
and you used the service. However they should be flexible about this and
agree to smaller repayments if it's difficult for you to pay it in one
lump sum. As they have admitted it is their fault, it may also be worth
asking for some sort of reduction. Perhaps some people over in uk.legal
can advise you further, I've x-posted for you.

By all means ask for a MAC but you'll still need to pay for the months
you currently owe them for.

--
regards, James Luff Gamertag: Lufferov
remove 'nospam' to e-mail
Old May 10th 07, 06:41 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Lurch

On Thu, 10 May 2007 18:03:03 +0100, "Steve Harvey"
mused:

Hi,
I have just opened a paper bill from Pipex telling me that I owe them
nearly 150. Apparently due a billing cock-up - which they admit is THEIR
fault, they have forgotten to take the last 6 months payment from my cc
account and now tell me that they want to take it all in one lump sum next
week.

Maybe you shouldn't have spent all the money that you knew you owed to
them.
--
Regards,
Stuart.
Old May 10th 07, 06:44 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband,uk.legal
Eeyore

James Luff wrote:

By all means ask for a MAC but you'll still need to pay for the months
you currently owe them for.

The new Ofcom rules no longer allow an ISP to keep a customer tied to them ( i.e.
deny them a MAC ) when there are payments oustanding AIUI.

Graham

Old May 10th 07, 06:45 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband,uk.legal
Lurch

On Thu, 10 May 2007 17:44:45 GMT, Eeyore
mused:

James Luff wrote:

By all means ask for a MAC but you'll still need to pay for the months
you currently owe them for.

The new Ofcom rules no longer allow an ISP to keep a customer tied to them ( i.e.
deny them a MAC ) when there are payments oustanding AIUI.

I don't think that's what he said.
--
Regards,
Stuart.
Old May 10th 07, 07:12 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Bert

Steve Harvey ] said:
Hi,
I have just opened a paper bill from Pipex telling me that I owe them
nearly 150. Apparently due a billing cock-up - which they admit is THEIR
fault, they have forgotten to take the last 6 months payment from my cc
account and now tell me that they want to take it all in one lump sum next
week.

Has anyone had a similar experience - if so have they been able to
negotiate a less severe underpayment recovery schedule ??

....... Perhaps I need to ask for a MAC ??

Thanks in advance.....

Steve

It is as much your fault as their's as you should have checked your
bill, and you have had the use of 150 and a free internet service in
the meantime so to get shirty is unreasonable.

Why not call them up and ask if they will let you pay in smaller chunks
but play nice as they are under no obligation.

I can guarantee thought that threatening to leave Pipex will simply make
them dig in. :-)
Old May 10th 07, 07:44 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband,uk.legal
Eeyore

Lurch wrote:

Eeyore mused:
James Luff wrote:

By all means ask for a MAC but you'll still need to pay for the months
you currently owe them for.

The new Ofcom rules no longer allow an ISP to keep a customer tied to them ( i.e.
deny them a MAC ) when there are payments oustanding AIUI.

I don't think that's what he said.

Indded it wasn't. Did you imagine I was disagreeing ?

Graham

Old May 10th 07, 08:29 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband,uk.legal
Lurch

On Thu, 10 May 2007 18:44:05 GMT, Eeyore
mused:

Lurch wrote:

Eeyore mused:
James Luff wrote:

By all means ask for a MAC but you'll still need to pay for the months
you currently owe them for.

The new Ofcom rules no longer allow an ISP to keep a customer tied to them ( i.e.
deny them a MAC ) when there are payments oustanding AIUI.

I don't think that's what he said.

Indded it wasn't. Did you imagine I was disagreeing ?

No, just, umm, pointing things out etc...

/steps away, backwards, slowly.....
--
Regards,
Stuart.