Which?

Old May 12th 07, 05:35 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
wasted

Default Which?

Hi I gatehr that Which? Magazine did a survey of broadband ISPs recently and
only recommended 3 - does anyone know who they were?

Thanks

Old May 12th 07, 06:06 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Eeyore

wasted wrote:

Hi I gatehr that Which? Magazine did a survey of broadband ISPs recently and
only recommended 3 - does anyone know who they were?

I doubt if it had any relationship to reality, Which reports rarely do in my
experience.

What are your requirements and how much do you want to pay ? Post that and
you'll get better advice here.

Graham

Old May 12th 07, 06:20 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
wasted

Eeyore wrote:
I doubt if it had any relationship to reality, Which reports rarely do in
my experience.

Out of interest, care to expand?

What are your requirements and how much do you want to pay?

I'm not actually looking for a provider for myself, I was just interested
for interest sake.

Old May 12th 07, 07:02 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
PhilT

On May 12, 5:35 pm, "wasted" wrote:
Hi I gatehr that Which? Magazine did a survey of broadband ISPs recently and
only recommended 3 - does anyone know who they were?

the likes of Waitrose and others that attract Which? readers I
guess ?

Which? is in general a waste of space as anyone with real knowledge
who reads any of their reviews will testify. A bunch of one-eyed
campaigning halfwits.

Phil

Old May 13th 07, 01:45 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Allan Gould

wasted wrote:
Hi I gatehr that Which? Magazine did a survey of broadband ISPs recently and
only recommended 3 - does anyone know who they were?

Re the criticism of Which in this thread

I agree on the basis that some of the technology items are dodgy (e.g. a
recent survey listed Plusnet and Force9 as different ISPs - although the
results were - funnily enough - almost identical)

I disagree with the criticism of Which reports in general. They're
quite useful, but not an end in themselves. Like anything else, if you
use them without engaging brain, you deserve what you get (a bit like
the recent sat nav story on the Welsh level crossing
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/wales/south_west/6646331.stm )
Old May 13th 07, 07:05 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Alan

In message , Allan Gould
wrote
wasted wrote:
Hi I gatehr that Which? Magazine did a survey of broadband ISPs
recently and only recommended 3 - does anyone know who they were?

Re the criticism of Which in this thread

I agree on the basis that some of the technology items are dodgy (e.g.
a recent survey listed Plusnet and Force9 as different ISPs - although
the results were - funnily enough - almost identical)

I disagree with the criticism of Which reports in general. They're
quite useful, but not an end in themselves. Like anything else, if you
use them without engaging brain, you deserve what you get (a bit like
the recent sat nav story on the Welsh level crossing
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/wales/south_west/6646331.stm )

Very little to do with Sat Nav and more to do with someone too thick to
realise that a gate with lights may be a railways crossing.

After first denying that there was a sign or a light she then admitted
that it said open gate if the light was green!

--
Alan
news2006 {at} amac {dot} f2s {dot} com
Old May 13th 07, 07:35 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Lurch

On Sun, 13 May 2007 13:45:27 +0100, Allan Gould
mused:

wasted wrote:
Hi I gatehr that Which? Magazine did a survey of broadband ISPs recently and
only recommended 3 - does anyone know who they were?

Re the criticism of Which in this thread

I agree on the basis that some of the technology items are dodgy (e.g. a
recent survey listed Plusnet and Force9 as different ISPs - although the
results were - funnily enough - almost identical)

I disagree with the criticism of Which reports in general. They're
quite useful, but not an end in themselves. Like anything else, if you
use them without engaging brain, you deserve what you get (a bit like
the recent sat nav story on the Welsh level crossing
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/wales/south_west/6646331.stm )

That is one of the funniest things I've read for a while. The last
time I laughed like that I was reading some other journalism.
--
Regards,
Stuart.