WLZ

Old May 13th 07, 09:33 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Fox

Default WLZ

I have a Dell wireless card in my laptop. Somehow, fiddling around with it,
I've got a different program other than WLZ to manage my wireless
connections - but I don't know which one. I've continuously tried restarting
WLZ but it still says it can't refresh network list because of the different
program. Has anyone any idea of which damn prog it could be?

Old May 13th 07, 10:40 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Lurch

On Sun, 13 May 2007 09:33:19 +0100, "Fox"
mused:

I have a Dell wireless card in my laptop. Somehow, fiddling around with it,
I've got a different program other than WLZ to manage my wireless
connections - but I don't know which one. I've continuously tried restarting
WLZ but it still says it can't refresh network list because of the different
program. Has anyone any idea of which damn prog it could be?

Windows?
--
Regards,
Stuart.
Old May 13th 07, 10:54 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Steve

On May 13, 10:40 am, Lurch wrote:
On Sun, 13 May 2007 09:33:19 +0100, "Fox"
mused:

I have a Dell wireless card in my laptop. Somehow, fiddling around with it,
I've got a different program other than WLZ to manage my wireless
connections - but I don't know which one. I've continuously tried restarting
WLZ but it still says it can't refresh network list because of the different
program. Has anyone any idea of which damn prog it could be?

Windows?
--
Regards,
Stuart.

Yep, sounds like you've got windows managing it. ewwww

Old May 13th 07, 04:04 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Fox

"Steve" wrote in message
ups.com...
On May 13, 10:40 am, Lurch wrote:
On Sun, 13 May 2007 09:33:19 +0100, "Fox"
mused:

I have a Dell wireless card in my laptop. Somehow, fiddling around with
it,
I've got a different program other than WLZ to manage my wireless
connections - but I don't know which one. I've continuously tried
restarting
WLZ but it still says it can't refresh network list because of the
different
program. Has anyone any idea of which damn prog it could be?

Windows?
--
Regards,
Stuart.

Yep, sounds like you've got windows managing it. ewwww

so how do I stop it and go back to WLZ?

Old May 13th 07, 05:15 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Lurch

= "Fox" mused:

"Steve" wrote in message
oups.com...
On May 13, 10:40 am, Lurch wrote:
On Sun, 13 May 2007 09:33:19 +0100, "Fox"
mused:

I have a Dell wireless card in my laptop. Somehow, fiddling around with
it,
I've got a different program other than WLZ to manage my wireless
connections - but I don't know which one. I've continuously tried
restarting
WLZ but it still says it can't refresh network list because of the
different
program. Has anyone any idea of which damn prog it could be?

Windows?
--
Regards,
Stuart.

Yep, sounds like you've got windows managing it. ewwww

so how do I stop it and go back to WLZ?

Uncheck the box in the Windows advanced settings that says 'Use
Windows to configure my wireless network settings'?
--
Regards,
Stuart.
Old May 13th 07, 08:08 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Fox

"Lurch" wrote in message
= "Fox" mused:

"Steve" wrote in message
roups.com...
On May 13, 10:40 am, Lurch wrote:
[...]

Where do I find Windows advance settings?
Thanks

Old May 13th 07, 08:17 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Peter Crosland

Fox wrote:
"Lurch" wrote in message
= "Fox" mused:

"Steve" wrote in message
ups.com...
On May 13, 10:40 am, Lurch wrote:
[...]

Click Start HElp and enter your question. It will lead you throught the
process.

Peter Crosland

Old May 13th 07, 08:49 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Lurch

On Sun, 13 May 2007 20:08:08 +0100, "Fox"
mused:

"Lurch" wrote in message
.. .
= "Fox" mused:

"Steve" wrote in message
groups.com...
On May 13, 10:40 am, Lurch wrote:
[...]

From memory, Start Settings Control Panel Wireless Network, then
click the Advanced settings bit on the left hand side. One of the tabs
has the option in it.
--
Regards,
Stuart.
Old May 14th 07, 07:28 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Fox

"Lurch" wrote in message
On Sun, 13 May 2007 20:08:08 +0100, "Fox"
mused:

"Lurch" wrote in message
. ..
= "Fox" mused:

"Steve" wrote in message
egroups.com...
On May 13, 10:40 am, Lurch wrote:
[...]

From memory, Start Settings Control Panel Wireless Network, then
click the Advanced settings bit on the left hand side. One of the tabs
has the option in it.
--
Regards,
Stuart.

I don't have wireless connections in my CP. I have wireless network setup
wizard, network connections (no advanced tab on the properties) and network
setup wizard