Max and none Max data comparisons

Old May 13th 07, 04:32 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Geoff Lane

Default Max and none Max data comparisons

My daughter has a new ADSLmax connection in Hemel Hempstead (HP1 2TE), I
have an older static speed in North West London (HA8 8YH).

Reading various threads about SNR and Attenuation it would seem that on
ADSLmax a downstream attenuation of 60 and a downstream SNR of around 6
is acceptable.

Viewing my modem's data screen it shows an SNR Margin of 24.5 and a Loop
Att. of 20.5

My Draytek 2600 Status page doesn't give an Upstream and Downstream
figure and am guessing it is referring to downstream and what is 'Loop Att.'

Are my readings acceptable for an older none MAX connection.

Geoff Lane
Old May 13th 07, 04:39 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Geoff Lane

Geoff Lane wrote:

Drat, it should have been NON (As in Charles De Gaulle) in the subject line.

Geoff Lane
Old May 13th 07, 06:04 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Eeyore

Geoff Lane wrote:

My daughter has a new ADSLmax connection in Hemel Hempstead (HP1 2TE), I
have an older static speed in North West London (HA8 8YH).

Reading various threads about SNR and Attenuation it would seem that on
ADSLmax a downstream attenuation of 60 and a downstream SNR of around 6
is acceptable.

Viewing my modem's data screen it shows an SNR Margin of 24.5 and a Loop
Att. of 20.5

My Draytek 2600 Status page doesn't give an Upstream and Downstream
figure and am guessing it is referring to downstream and what is 'Loop Att.'

Are my readings acceptable for an older none MAX connection.

Attenuation of 20.5dB and SNR of 24.5dB (this is presumably on the 'non Max'
connection) looks distinctly good to go for MAX.

Graham

Old May 13th 07, 06:31 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
James Egan

On Sun, 13 May 2007 16:32:26 +0100, Geoff Lane
wrote:

Are my readings acceptable for an older none MAX connection.

Yes, they are okay. 6 SNR margin at 512k was the threshold which BT
wholesale used to use for an adequate line before adsl max came in.

Jim.