Talk Talk opinions please!

Old May 13th 07, 11:09 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Steve

Default Talk Talk opinions please!

Hi Folks
My father in law has recently change to Talk Talk for his broadband
and inclusive calls and seems very happy with it but having read a few
albeit old posts about TT I`m still a bit sceptical.
I am thinking of changing my ISP and wondered what others thought of
TT and how they are these days. Thanks for any comments.
Cheers
Steve

Old May 13th 07, 11:10 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Gaz

Steve wrote:
Hi Folks
My father in law has recently change to Talk Talk for his broadband
and inclusive calls and seems very happy with it but having read a few
albeit old posts about TT I`m still a bit sceptical.
I am thinking of changing my ISP and wondered what others thought of
TT and how they are these days. Thanks for any comments.
Cheers
Steve

If losing your BB for six months isnt a problem, then fine, but really, a
high chance of some kind of failure....

Gaz

Old May 13th 07, 11:41 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Eeyore

Steve wrote:

Hi Folks
My father in law has recently change to Talk Talk for his broadband
and inclusive calls and seems very happy with it but having read a few
albeit old posts about TT I`m still a bit sceptical.
I am thinking of changing my ISP and wondered what others thought of
TT and how they are these days. Thanks for any comments.

I'll bet your father in law wouldn't know a good broadband service if it bit
him.

Relying on inexperienced advice is inadvisable. Talk Talk have a dreadful
reputation. I wouldn't go near them with a bargepole.

Graham

Old May 14th 07, 12:41 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Tony

"Steve" wrote in message
ups.com...
Hi Folks
My father in law has recently change to Talk Talk for his broadband
and inclusive calls and seems very happy with it but having read a few
albeit old posts about TT I`m still a bit sceptical.
I am thinking of changing my ISP and wondered what others thought of
TT and how they are these days. Thanks for any comments.
Cheers
Steve

Unless you want to run the risk of poor service / no service then do not go
there.

A friend of mine is still waiting for service nearly a month after signing
up.

He is getting passed around the house when he calls them and no-one seems to
know when he`ll be on.

My guess is never.

He is about to stop the DD

Old May 14th 07, 03:59 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

On 13 May, 22:09, Steve wrote:
Hi Folks
My father in law has recently change to Talk Talk for his broadband
and inclusive calls and seems very happy with it but having read a few
albeit old posts about TT I`m still a bit sceptical.
I am thinking of changing my ISP and wondered what others thought of
TT and how they are these days. Thanks for any comments.
Cheers
Steve

I took the plunge in March. TT3 International went through like a
dream and is great - I ring Europe quite alot and being able to bang
on without cost is super. BB should have gone live on 22 April, but
that was missed. BB went live at 2MB on 8 May - but been away since 8
May. When I left the internet light had gone out on the modem, so I
assume the changeover was in progress, BB assistance have confirmed by
phone that it went live. BB will be upgraded to 8MB on 28 May.
Customer service could be improved - they did not ask me for a MAC and
have not sent the set up disc. Opted out of their modem as I have my
own ADSL2+ modem/wireless jobby.

Old May 14th 07, 10:51 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
James Egan

On Mon, 14 May 2007 06:28:42 GMT, Eeyore
wrote:

So actually you have ZERO experience of TT broadband

Talk Talk was very much a ZERO experience for me too, although it
wasn't for want of trying.

I signed up very early on after their initial promotion (Apr2006) and
7 or 8 months on was still waiting to receive the broadband welcome
pack in the post.

When occasionally I was successful in getting through to customer
support on the phone (emails just disappeared into the ether) they
cannot transfer you to anyone meaningful.

It was only after a 9 months wait with lots of letters and complaints
that ofcom finally gave me a special phone number to ring to speak to
the organ grinder. They finally admitted that they couldn't supply the
broadband their website test promised because of long line issues on
my phone and offered a small refund on the bills I had paid.
Yep...their billing department worked flawlessly. No surprise there.

Without receiving a single byte from Talk Talk, my line is now back
with BT and I receive sky broadband connect (via BT) at approx 512k -
Cost 5 pcm

Jim.

Old May 14th 07, 11:05 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
PeterC

On 13 May 2007 18:59:37 -0700, wrote:

On 13 May, 22:09, Steve wrote:
[...]

And if you use your own modem and have a problem, you'll be charged about
100 if an 'engineer' has to call.

I spoke to 'CS' - the 'droid couldn't answer my questions; a supervisor (S.
African, so not so difficult to understand) did answer most. The Talk3
package would be ideal for me, but...!
--
Peter.
If you can do it today, you didn't put off enough yesterday.
Old May 14th 07, 03:16 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
al

On 13 May, 22:09, Steve wrote:
[...]

If you can do it today, you didn't put off enough yesterday.- Hide quoted text -

Hi
Had TT for 2 years, very little downtime so far, never had to use CS -
so can't comment.
On the upto 8Mb service and connect at 4.x -and seems pretty
reasonable, - no appartent throttling even with usenet d/loads.
Like all large companys views seem to be either good or bad - no
middle ground.
Regards
Al

Old May 14th 07, 05:37 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

Just got home, switched on PC put TT account details into modem/wifi
box configuration and away - all of 2 minutes. No problems at all.
Did not even open TT setup CD - which had arrived. Now downloading
700mb of Ubuntu at 230kB/sec - twice my old Tiscali speed and it goes
up to 8MB in a couple of weeks. Agree that customer service could be
better, but if you are reasonably IT savvy then it is no problem.
Perhaps customer service is that way to keep the drongos and deadbeats
away.