Registration problem

Old May 13th 07, 07:16 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Steve

Default Registration problem

Hi,

I just have setup an Asterisk server at home.
I have 2 phones (at the moment) connected
* 1 - at home = works fine
* The second one, at my friend house.

The last one, doesn't register...

SIP.CONF
[121]

type=friend
username=121
secret=121
host=dynamic
callerid=121
context=default
mailbox=121
canreinvite=no
nat=yes

On my router I declared : the SIP available port [5050 - 5090] (just to
make sure I can catch everything :-)

And I can't regsiter....

ANy idea ?

THanks for your help

Old May 13th 07, 07:39 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Jono

Steve pretended :
Hi,

I just have setup an Asterisk server at home.
I have 2 phones (at the moment) connected
* 1 - at home = works fine
* The second one, at my friend house.

The last one, doesn't register...

SIP.CONF
[121]

type=friend
username=121
secret=121
host=dynamic
callerid=121
context=default
mailbox=121
canreinvite=no
nat=yes

On my router I declared : the SIP available port [5050 - 5090] (just to make
sure I can catch everything :-)

And I can't regsiter....

ANy idea ?

THanks for your help

Have you got:

localnet=192.168.2.1/255.255.255.0
externip=your.ip.or.hostname
nat=yes

....in your sip.conf?

Remote extensions are painful with NAT, let alone NAT at both sites.

You also need to port forward 10000-20000 for RTP....

Some of the ports below may also be required:

8000 - 8012
3478 - 3483
5004 - 5036
4560 - 4570
2727

Old May 13th 07, 10:49 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
harrogate3

"Jono" wrote in message
. ..
[...]

I'm going through a similar problem with the X-lite softphone and with
a Sipura ATA2000 on Sipgate and voip.co.uk. I have a preconfigured
X-Lite softphone supplied by Sipgate and it works perfectly with
incoming calls without the need to port forward through my router. The
non-preconfigured softphone looks to register with either Sipgate or
voip but I cannot make calls: the Sipura will not register with
either.

My Belkin router will only permit one UDP range to be forwarded per IP
address. How do I manage the others? I have even tried the DMZ with no
joy.

Any advice gratefully received - it's driving me batty!

--
Woody

harrogate3 at ntlworld dot com

Old May 13th 07, 11:17 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Jono

harrogate3 laid this down on his screen :
"Jono" wrote in message
. ..
[...]

Is it the SPA you're having probs with, in particular?

Have you given it a static IP address on your LAN? If so, make sure you
also enter the DNS server IP addresses too, otherwise it won't be able
to look up the server's address - the SPA doesn't think "Oh, I'll use
the router as a DNS server" you actually need to enter the addresses
manually.

Old May 14th 07, 06:16 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Steve

Steve wrote:
Hi,

I just have setup an Asterisk server at home.
I have 2 phones (at the moment) connected
* 1 - at home = works fine
* The second one, at my friend house.

The last one, doesn't register...

SIP.CONF
[121]

type=friend
username=121
secret=121
host=dynamic
callerid=121
context=default
mailbox=121
canreinvite=no
nat=yes

On my router I declared : the SIP available port [5050 - 5090] (just to
make sure I can catch everything :-)

And I can't regsiter....

ANy idea ?

THanks for your help

I made the test, but without any success.. :-(
I try as well to leave my machine on DMZ zone, adn works fine.. I
suppose that my router is the problem (Router Billion 7300G)

That's really annoying....

FOR info, (and I don't lknow why) X-lite v3.0, try to regsiter on port
absolutely crasy ; something like 43000... anyway...
Old May 14th 07, 08:53 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
harrogate3

"Steve" wrote in message
Steve wrote:
[...]

Snap - mine does as well.....................

Old May 14th 07, 08:56 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
harrogate3

"Jono" wrote in message
. ..
harrogate3 laid this down on his screen :
"Jono" wrote in message
. ..
[...]

Curiously although I only have nnn.nnn.nnn.1-3 allocated, if I leave
DHCP active it always registers as 18. Have tried static addressing
but to no joy.

What I don't understand is why one softphone works OK incoming but not
outgoing in the same or a later version. The fact that I seem to have
no joy with either softphone or ATA suggests to me it is a routing
problem but I'll be blowed if I can find out what/where it is! Maybe
time to ditch the Belkin and get a Netgear or Cisco?