New BT Exchange opening in Swindon

Old May 14th 07, 03:38 PM posted to uk.telecom,uk.telecom.broadband
Sunil Sood

Default New BT Exchange opening in Swindon

BT are opening of a new exchange at Haydon Wick, in the Swindon area.

The exchange has been built to accommodate growth in the area following
commencement of a significant building development. The address of the new
exchange is:

8, Thamesdown Drive
Haydon End
Swindon
Wiltshire

The target date for Haydon Wick exchange opening is 31st May 2007.

An integral part of this exchange opening will be the transfer of
approximately 2500 lines from Blunsdon Exchange which presently serves the
Haydon Wick area.

Number ranges affected by this transfer a-

01793 72xxxx
01793 700xxx
01793 701xxx
01793 702xxx
01793 703xxx
01793 704xxx

Regards
Sunil

Old May 21st 07, 10:34 AM posted to uk.telecom,uk.telecom.broadband

On May 14, 3:38 pm, "Sunil Sood" wrote:
BT are opening of a new exchange at Haydon Wick, in the Swindon area.

The target date for Haydon Wick exchange opening is 31st May 2007.

Regards
Sunil

Any confirmation on this date?

Old May 25th 07, 03:45 PM posted to uk.telecom,uk.telecom.broadband
NREDWOOD

On 21 May, 10:34, wrote:
On May 14, 3:38 pm, "Sunil Sood" wrote:

BT are opening of a new exchange atHaydon Wick, in the Swindon area.
The target date forHaydon Wickexchange opening is 31st May 2007.

Regards
Sunil

Any confirmation on this date?

I know someone who is currently on Be Unlimited at Blunsdon exchange.
He has been notfied that his line is going to be moved to Haydon Wick,
although this has not been 100% confirmed. Be do not have provision
at Haydon Wick according to their support. He is therefore a little
worried about what is going to happen to broadband. Information from
BT Openreach seems to be confusing matters even more.
The latest info is:

"I have just had confirmation from the project manager and he has
confirmed that there should be no problem with your broadband service.
Even though the ISP will not have a presence at the new exchange, they
will still be linked between Blunsdon and Haydon Wick. "

I suppose technically they could have linked the Be DSLAM at Blunsdon
to the new exchange at Haydon Wick, but this does seem a little
suspect

If anyone knows anything, I'd be grateful

Nicola