Pipex blacklisted with spamhaus

Old May 14th 07, 04:52 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Eeyore

Default Pipex blacklisted with spamhaus

First item on the agenda today more or less.

My client's business partner had sent an email that had got bounced. The return
headers indicated that the IP address (194.154.164.64 - mail.atlas.pipex.net)
was on a blacklist operated by spamhaus.

Anyone else suffered ? It may have been a single IP within their range but I'm
sure it'll affect quite a number of ppl.

Graham

Old May 14th 07, 08:01 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Gordon Hudson

"Eeyore" wrote in message
First item on the agenda today more or less.

My client's business partner had sent an email that had got bounced. The
return
headers indicated that the IP address (194.154.164.64 -
mail.atlas.pipex.net)
was on a blacklist operated by spamhaus.

Anyone else suffered ? It may have been a single IP within their range but
I'm
sure it'll affect quite a number of ppl.

Graham

See:

http://www.spamhaus.org/sbl/sbl.lasso?query=SBL53445

This is a common problem for companies who provide automated domain
registration systems.
A spammer can sign up and use their mail forwarding service as a drop box.
If its not dealt with then it ends up being blacklisted.

--
Gordon Hudson || Hostroute.com Ltd
e-mail:ghudson [at] hostroute.net