Voicemail only during certain hours?

Old May 14th 07, 08:31 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
John Miller

Default Voicemail only during certain hours?

Hello,

I am looking for a special kind of voice mail system that is only active
during certain hours, for instance on weekdays all the time except from
6-10pm, on Saturday all the time except 10am-6pm and on Sunday the whole
day. It is meant for a small business that is currently only active after
office hours.

How can I realise something like that? Are there any VOIP providers that
offer such a service?

Someone on uk.telecom adviced me to ask my question here.

I tried the following: I have a Fritz!box 7050, and indeed it has a
do-not-disturb feature. There is a function "weekdays" and "weekends", but
unfortunately only one can be selected at the same time, and there is no
seperate setting for Sundays...

I setup Phone1 to ring only from 6-10pm on weekdays, and Phone2 only from
10am-6pm on weekends, and then divert them both to Phone3 and put a
telephone only one Phone3 - so I came close, but unfortunately I can't block
it for Sundays this way.

So that is why I was looking for a voip provider with such extensive
settings for the voicemail, or a hardware device (without installing a whole
PABX system - which would be a bit overkill for just one line I think). So
far, I haven't found anything yet.

Thanks for any help!

Old May 14th 07, 11:14 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
News Reader

"John Miller" wrote in message
[...]

Hi,

I assure you their are lots (and lots).

Plenty of 0870 service providers will give you this for free (together with
everything free).

You can de-register a / your SIP client when out of hours voicemail service
is required and use any of many service providers that will forward to
voicemail only when unavailable (i.e. unregistered).

All sorts. Their are many software systems (VoIP) that you can use and
configure to do whatever is to your hearts content.

Best wishes,

News Reader

Old May 14th 07, 11:18 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
News Reader

"News Reader" wrote in message

[...]

Their are so many possible solutions one could write a novel on the subject.

If you want something very quick and easy. Buy a wall power socket timer for
your Fritz Box and configure it to switch the device on and off as necessary
(so it trips over to voicemail as being "unregistered" / "unavailable")
.

lol

Best wishes,

News Reader

P.s. It would probably be entertaining to read others random selection of
suggestion.

Old May 15th 07, 08:17 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
John Miller

I assure you their are lots (and lots).

Can you please give me one SIP provider who allows to set the voicemail up
like that? (doesn't need to be a free service).

I prefer to leave my ATA connected all the time, as it is also serving the
Internet connection (Fritz!box 7050) wich is always needed.

Thanks!

Old May 15th 07, 01:12 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Rob

"John Miller" wrote in message
Hello,

I am looking for a special kind of voice mail system that is only active
during certain hours, for instance on weekdays all the time except from
6-10pm, on Saturday all the time except 10am-6pm and on Sunday the whole
day. It is meant for a small business that is currently only active after
office hours.

How can I realise something like that? Are there any VOIP providers that
offer such a service?

I'm not certain about this, but it might be worth you taking a look at
voxalot (www.voxalot.com) which I believe is a free service.

From what I've read about it, it has some fairly comprehensive functions.
You may possibly be able to set up a different Voicemail redirect for an
account on the various days you require by making multiple entries.

I'm trying to make a helpful suggestion here, but I haven't personally used
Voxalot, just taken a quick look. There are experts who post in this group
so you may find some useful posts if you do a search, and the tutorials on
the site may help you.

HTH

Rob

Old May 15th 07, 01:41 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Brian A

On Tue, 15 May 2007 13:12:06 +0100, "Rob"
wrote:

"John Miller" wrote in message
Hello,

I am looking for a special kind of voice mail system that is only active
during certain hours, for instance on weekdays all the time except from
6-10pm, on Saturday all the time except 10am-6pm and on Sunday the whole
day. It is meant for a small business that is currently only active after
office hours.

How can I realise something like that? Are there any VOIP providers that
offer such a service?

I'm not certain about this, but it might be worth you taking a look at
voxalot (www.voxalot.com) which I believe is a free service.

From what I've read about it, it has some fairly comprehensive functions.
You may possibly be able to set up a different Voicemail redirect for an
account on the various days you require by making multiple entries.

I'm trying to make a helpful suggestion here, but I haven't personally used
Voxalot, just taken a quick look. There are experts who post in this group
so you may find some useful posts if you do a search, and the tutorials on
the site may help you.

HTH

Rob

I can confirm that you can indeed use Voxalot in this way - I do!
All days can be set individually or collectively.
You can direct to voicemail or to any number or sip address you like,
using the carrier of your choice.

Remove 'no_spam_' from email address.
Old May 15th 07, 02:57 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
John Miller

I can confirm that you can indeed use Voxalot in this way - I do!
All days can be set individually or collectively.
You can direct to voicemail or to any number or sip address you like,
using the carrier of your choice.

Thanks for this info! I just created a new Voxalot account, and the
voicemail can indeed be setup differently for each day!

What I didn't find though:

- is it possible to upload a custom mp3 or wav file that people hear when
they call?
- is it possible to disable recording? (so that only the above soundfile is
played, and then the line is disconnected)

Thanks again.

Old May 15th 07, 06:35 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Herman

[...]

Easier to use the do not disturb function in the FritzBox, surely?

Old May 15th 07, 10:05 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
John Miller

Easier to use the do not disturb function in the FritzBox, surely?

Read earlier in this thread please. It can not be setup like this.

Old May 15th 07, 10:29 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Jon Farmer

John Miller wrote:
Hello,

I am looking for a special kind of voice mail system that is only active
during certain hours, for instance on weekdays all the time except from
6-10pm, on Saturday all the time except 10am-6pm and on Sunday the whole
day. It is meant for a small business that is currently only active after
office hours.

Entanet offer this configurable from the web portal.

Regards

Jon