stuck in sky Pre-Active Cancel - how to get out of it?

Old May 15th 07, 10:38 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
dave @ stejonda

Default stuck in sky Pre-Active Cancel - how to get out of it?

I'm stuck in a Sky Pre-Active Cancel state.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to get out of it???

--
dave @ stejonda
Old May 15th 07, 11:09 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Dave Fawthrop

On Tue, 15 May 2007 10:38:17 +0100, "dave @ stejonda"
wrote:

|!
|!I'm stuck in a Sky Pre-Active Cancel state.
|!
|!Does anyone have any suggestions on how to get out of it???

For *any* problem with *anything* which contains a computer [1], it has
probably crashed, switch it off wait two minutes and switch it on again.
This cures 90% of problems.

[1] Does it contain a computer? if it uses an Infra Red control, shows the
time, or has a digital display, the answer is Yes.
--
Dave Fawthrop sf hyphenologist.co.uk 165 *Free* SF ebooks.
165 Sci Fi books on CDROM, from Project Gutenberg

Old May 15th 07, 01:19 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Eeyore

"dave @ stejonda" wrote:

I'm stuck in a Sky Pre-Active Cancel state.

What on earth is that ?

Graham

Old May 15th 07, 03:35 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Mike

wrote:

I'm stuck in a Sky Pre-Active Cancel state.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to get out of it???

I've not been there but If it's like Texas or Florida just put your
foot down and head North.

Old May 15th 07, 04:36 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
phantom

"dave @ stejonda" wrote in
message ...

I'm stuck in a Sky Pre-Active Cancel state.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to get out of it???

wild stab in the dark

http://www.ofcom.org.uk/complain/internet/tagmarker/ ?

Old May 15th 07, 09:29 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Ian McMillan

dave @ stejonda wrote:
I'm stuck in a Sky Pre-Active Cancel state.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to get out of it???

I'm in exactly the same state - I presume you are trying to order Sky?

Just over a month and counting for me now, how about you?

Cheers,
Ian

Old May 15th 07, 10:46 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
dave @ stejonda

In message , phantom
writes
"dave @ stejonda" wrote in
message ...

I'm stuck in a Sky Pre-Active Cancel state.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to get out of it???

wild stab in the dark

http://www.ofcom.org.uk/complain/internet/tagmarker/ ?

Naaah, can't be that. Surely Sky would copy the "there is an
incompatible product blocking your line", not create a meaningless
drivel phrase!!!

Hmmph, it's 3 weeks since the UkOnline LLU stopped on the line.

--
dave @ stejonda
Old May 15th 07, 10:51 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
dave @ stejonda

In message , Ian McMillan
writes
dave @ stejonda wrote:
I'm stuck in a Sky Pre-Active Cancel state.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to get out of it???

I'm in exactly the same state - I presume you are trying to order Sky?

Just over a month and counting for me now, how about you?

Similar time - see other post.

I just wish they'd be more informative in what is going on. They just
field every question with 'we don't know how long it's going to be, we
don't know what the problem is exactly, it's been passed to an analyst
(woooo!) and he'll (sic) work on it as soon as he can'. I'd like to
speak to a supervisor, is met with 'hold on...5 mins at
10p/min...sorry no-one is no-one available'.
\rant

--
dave @ stejonda