Asterisk Call Transfer Query

Old May 15th 07, 05:08 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Matt

Default Asterisk Call Transfer Query

Hi,

Just found some odd behaviour with our Asterisk set up.

If, during a call internally or to a landline, I hit ## I can transfer
the call.

If I try this during a call to a mobile, it ignores the ## - even when
calling out over the same trunk!

I've tried over a couple of trunks with a couple of different ATA's -
all Linksys / Sipura.

Is this normal, or have I configured something wrong? If so what?

Many thanks

Matthew

Old May 15th 07, 05:43 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
alexd

Matt wrote:

Hi,

Just found some odd behaviour with our Asterisk set up.

If, during a call internally or to a landline, I hit ## I can transfer
the call.

If I try this during a call to a mobile, it ignores the ## - even when
calling out over the same trunk!

I've tried over a couple of trunks with a couple of different ATA's -
all Linksys / Sipura.

Is this normal, or have I configured something wrong? If so what?

The 't' and 'T' options to Dial() control how Asterisk handles the '#' key,
which is blind transfer by default. Have a look at

http://www.voip-info.org/wiki-Asteri...+features.conf

and

http://www.voip-info.org/wiki/index....erisk+cmd+Dial

--
http://ale.cx/ (AIM:troffasky) )
17:39:50 up 16 days, 19:39, 2 users, load average: 0.15, 0.29, 0.29

Old May 15th 07, 06:09 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Matt

On May 15, 5:43 pm, alexd wrote:
Matt wrote:
[...]

Cheers Alex,

Can't get my head around why its different for calls to landlines and
calls to mobiles....

Seems odd to me!

I'll have a read up of those links.....

Thanks

Matt

Old May 16th 07, 05:19 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
alexd

Matt wrote:

Cheers Alex,

Can't get my head around why its different for calls to landlines and
calls to mobiles....

My immediate guess would be that you are routing calls differently [ie via a
different Dial() command], but you've already eliminated that when you said
you've tried using the same trunk for geo and mobile. My next guess would
be looking at the dialplans on your ATAs. Are they treating calls to
07nnnnn differently to others? You can see info in realtime on the Asterisk
console with 'asterisk -rc'. You might want to 'set verbose 5' before you
make a call and see what happens when you press # in either case.

--
http://ale.cx/ (AIM:troffasky) )
17:15:31 up 17 days, 19:15, 2 users, load average: 0.58, 0.39, 0.29