SPA3102, nobody said it was going to be easy.

Old May 15th 07, 05:26 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Anti-Spam

Default SPA3102, nobody said it was going to be easy.

Great, my SPA3102 arrived today. Its smaller than I thought, no
problem though. Plugged it all in (had already seperated off my house
phone wiring from the line), so was just a case of plugging in.

1st stupid mistake, plugged it into the line before the ADSL filter,
so I was getting no internet connection on my PC. Started of course
with the most difficult solutions, 1 hour later realised what I had
done, now I have connection again.

2nd hurdle, for which I would appreciate some help. Tried to access
the configuration using the IP address in the book. Problem I am
having is that I cannot access this menu via my web browser. I think
the problem maybe that my ADSL router also has the same numbers as its
IP address, for its set-up menu http://192.168.0.1. The router is a
D-Link DSL-604+

Am I on the right lines (pardon the pun) if so how do I get round
this.
Old May 15th 07, 06:42 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Jono

Anti-Spam expressed precisely :
Great, my SPA3102 arrived tody. Its smaller than I thought, no
problem though. Plugged it all in (had already seperated off my house
phone wiring from the line), so was just a case of plugging in.

1st stupid mistake, plugged it into the line before the ADSL filter,
so I was getting no internet connection on my PC. Started of course
with the most difficult solutions, 1 hour later realised what I had
done, now I have connection again.

2nd hurdle, for which I would appreciate some help. Tried to access
the configuration using the IP address in the book. Problem I am
having is that I cannot access this menu via my web browser. I think
the problem maybe that my ADSL router also has the same numbers as its
IP address, for its set-up menu http://192.168.0.1. The router is a
D-Link DSL-604+

Am I on the right lines (pardon the pun) if so how do I get round
this.

Simplest way I can think of - disconnect your PC from your router &
connect the pc directly to the SPA. Give your PC an IP address such as
192.168.0.2 with a gateway address of 192.168.0.1. Then open a browser
& log in to the SPA & give it static settings that fit with your
existing network.

Old May 16th 07, 08:26 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Andrew Gabriel

In article ,
Anti-Spam writes:
Great, my SPA3102 arrived today. Its smaller than I thought, no
problem though. Plugged it all in (had already seperated off my house
phone wiring from the line), so was just a case of plugging in.

1st stupid mistake, plugged it into the line before the ADSL filter,
so I was getting no internet connection on my PC. Started of course
with the most difficult solutions, 1 hour later realised what I had
done, now I have connection again.

2nd hurdle, for which I would appreciate some help. Tried to access
the configuration using the IP address in the book. Problem I am
having is that I cannot access this menu via my web browser. I think
the problem maybe that my ADSL router also has the same numbers as its
IP address, for its set-up menu http://192.168.0.1. The router is a
D-Link DSL-604+

You need to ask the SPA3102 what IP address it has.
Assuming this is the same as the SPA3000...
Using an attached phone, dial ****
At the voice prompt, dial 110#
It will read out it's IP address.
Use this in your web browser.

--
Andrew Gabriel
Old May 16th 07, 09:52 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Paul Hayes

Andrew Gabriel wrote:
In article ,
Anti-Spam writes:
[...]

The 3102 is a bit different because it has a built-in router, NAT and
DHCP server.

As others have said, you need to temporarily connect your PC to the
"Ethernet/LAN" port of the SPA-3102. Let you PC DHCP an IP address from
the 3102 and then you should be able to web browse to 192.168.0.1.

Once you are in, click on the "WAN Setup" tab and set "Enable WAN Web
Server" to yes.

Now you can disconnect your PC from the 3102 and connect the PC directly
to your router as it was before. Also connect the "Internet/WAN" port
of the 3102 to your router. It will now operate as an SPA-3000 would
and you can web browse to it like Andrew said.

cheers,
Paul.
Old May 16th 07, 05:44 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Anti-Spam

On Wed, 16 May 2007 09:52:21 +0100, Paul Hayes
wrote:

Andrew Gabriel wrote:
In article ,
Anti-Spam writes:
[...]

Been at this on and off all day, can't seem to get past base 1.
I cannot gain access to the set-up menu. I have now stopped trying to
access it with my office computer, and now using my laptop which has a
ethernet connection.

But then in desperation I tried some other numbers on the Interactive
Voice Responce Menu. Dialled *** 210 (check local IP address), used
the IP numbers from that, and now I'm in. It was not the **** 110
(Check Internet IP Address) number previousley mentioned. The IP
address ended up being 196.168.1.1 (one number out, reminded me of the
days when I used to enter programs on my BBC model B, hex number by
hex number).

I am guessing that now the real headaches start, why do I keep doing
this to myself. I should just admit I am too old for this caper.

Keep you posted.
Old May 18th 07, 06:27 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Anti-Spam

On Wed, 16 May 2007 18:44:41 +0200, Anti-Spam wrote:

On Wed, 16 May 2007 09:52:21 +0100, Paul Hayes
wrote:

Andrew Gabriel wrote:
In article ,
Anti-Spam writes:
[...]

Got it going about 5 mins. before having to go out to work. I have set
it up with Voiptalk.org with a UK number, and at the moment is
configured to transfer calls coming in, on PTSN back out over VOIP, to
my Spanish Mobile number (I live/work in Spain) it works very well,
much better than my first attempts with SKPE. Couple of things before
I start getting stuck in with call plans etc. I used the recommended
settings on the LinkSys site to set up the divert, but a couple of
problems. The PTSN line is allowed to ring a few times before being
diverted to Voip, thus people give up waiting for me to answer. The
other problem is the speech volume level is too low, any pointers
please.
Old May 18th 07, 11:41 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Brian A

Keep you posted.

Got it going about 5 mins. before having to go out to work. I have set
it up with Voiptalk.org with a UK number, and at the moment is
configured to transfer calls coming in, on PTSN back out over VOIP, to
my Spanish Mobile number (I live/work in Spain) it works very well,
much better than my first attempts with SKPE. Couple of things before
I start getting stuck in with call plans etc. I used the recommended
settings on the LinkSys site to set up the divert, but a couple of
problems. The PTSN line is allowed to ring a few times before being
diverted to Voip, thus people give up waiting for me to answer. The
other problem is the speech volume level is too low, any pointers
please.

Yes, the FXS gain is adjustable. Also make sure the FXS impedance is
set correctly. On the SPA-3000 these are on the 'Regional' tab - may
be same for SPA-3102.
Remove 'no_spam_' from email address.
Old May 19th 07, 02:54 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Anti-Spam

On Fri, 18 May 2007 22:41:53 GMT, Brian A
wrote:

[...]

Brian, I think I did not explain my self very well. When I meant the
volume was too low, I meant the volume I was receiving on my mobile,
after it had been diverted from my incoming PTSN call, back out over
VOIP to my mobile. Does what you suggest still apply, don't want to
start messing around with settings I do not understand.

On that subject, there are so many options in the set-up menu that I
wondered if there was a manual that somebody has written which
explains all of these options?
Old May 19th 07, 03:06 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Andrew Gabriel

In article ,
Anti-Spam writes:
The PTSN line is allowed to ring a few times before being
diverted to Voip, thus people give up waiting for me to answer.

Sounds like you activated Call Forward on no Answer, whereas you
want Call Forward Always.

Deactivate Call Forward on no Answer (*93), and activate
Call Forward Always (*72number).
You can also do this from the User 1 tab of the web interface.

--
Andrew Gabriel