netgear ta612v/sipgate setup

Old May 15th 07, 11:26 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
igdirect

Default netgear ta612v/sipgate setup

right i have just installed a TA612V and am using default (auto-
configure) settings with sipgate. The installation was painless and it
is sitting behind my SB4100 cable modem on a Virgin 2MB connection. No
other hardware - just a single PC setup.

when phoning parents BT line I am getting some occasional "misses" on
the line as if some of the packets were being dropped - anyone else
get this - and is it a Virgin and/or other problem ??

what to check etc ?

Old May 16th 07, 09:03 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
BC

igdirect wrote:
right i have just installed a TA612V and am using default (auto-
configure) settings with sipgate. The installation was painless and it
is sitting behind my SB4100 cable modem on a Virgin 2MB connection. No
other hardware - just a single PC setup.

when phoning parents BT line I am getting some occasional "misses" on
the line as if some of the packets were being dropped - anyone else
get this - and is it a Virgin and/or other problem ??

what to check etc ?

I get that too with Sipgate, but no problems with voip.co.uk