Probelms Converting a Cisco 7940 from SCCP to SIP

Old May 16th 07, 06:09 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Big Phil

Default Probelms Converting a Cisco 7940 from SCCP to SIP

Hi

I'm trying to replace the SCCP firmware (rev 7.2) on a Cisoc 7940 with
SIP (rev 8.6) but nothing happens. I have downloaded the SIP firmware
from Cisco.com and copied the files from the ZIP onto a TFTP server
and pointed the 7940 towards this server. But the phone fails to load.
It doesn't even attempt to download the new image.

These are files i have put into the TFTP root

P0S3-08-2-00.sb2
P003-08-2-00.sbn
P0S3-08-2-00.loads
P003-08-2-00.bin

One thing i did notice is that all the files do not begin with P0S3
which i'm lead to belive is the identifier for SIP images.

Can anyone shed any light on this?

Rgds

Phil

Old May 16th 07, 11:33 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Jon Farmer

Big Phil wrote:
Hi

I'm trying to replace the SCCP firmware (rev 7.2) on a Cisoc 7940 with
SIP (rev 8.6) but nothing happens. I have downloaded the SIP firmware
from Cisco.com and copied the files from the ZIP onto a TFTP server
and pointed the 7940 towards this server. But the phone fails to load.
It doesn't even attempt to download the new image.

IME you cant go straight to version 8 of the SIP image from SCCP. I have
done over 200 conversions of this phone and have always had to go
through the following process.

SCCP - SIPv4 - SIPv6 - SIPv7 - SIPv8

Any attempt to miss out one of these steps have failed. Its a right
royal pain in the ass.

Are you setting the TFTP server address in option 66 in DHCP?

Have you set the firmware level in OS97XX.txt and SIPDefault.cnf

Are you checking the TFTP server logs to see if the phone is requesting
the files and is trying to serve from the right location.

These are files i have put into the TFTP root

P0S3-08-2-00.sb2
P003-08-2-00.sbn
P0S3-08-2-00.loads
P003-08-2-00.bin

Well the firmware I have seems to have slightly different filenames

P0S3-08-4-00.loads
P0S3-08-4-00.sb2
P003-08-4-00.bin
P003-08-4-00.sbn

Regards

Jon

Old May 17th 07, 05:49 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
alexd

Big Phil wrote:

Hi

I'm trying to replace the SCCP firmware (rev 7.2) on a Cisoc 7940 with
SIP (rev 8.6) but nothing happens. I have downloaded the SIP firmware
from Cisco.com and copied the files from the ZIP onto a TFTP server
and pointed the 7940 towards this server. But the phone fails to load.
It doesn't even attempt to download the new image.

Is there nothing *at all* in the TFTP servers log files?

--
http://ale.cx/ (AIM:troffasky) )
17:48:39 up 18 days, 19:48, 2 users, load average: 0.03, 0.17, 0.23

Old May 22nd 07, 05:28 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Big Phil

On May 17, 5:49 pm, alexd wrote:
Big Phil wrote:
Hi

I'm trying to replace the SCCP firmware (rev 7.2) on a Cisoc 7940 with
SIP (rev 8.6) but nothing happens. I have downloaded the SIP firmware
from Cisco.com and copied the files from the ZIP onto a TFTP server
and pointed the 7940 towards this server. But the phone fails to load.
It doesn't even attempt to download the new image.

Is there nothing *at all* in the TFTP servers log files?

--
http://ale.cx/ (AIM:troffasky) )
17:48:39 up 18 days, 19:48, 2 users, load average: 0.03, 0.17, 0.23
09 f9 11 02 9d 74 e3 5b d8 41 56 c5 63 56 88 c0

Yeah found the problem here... helps if i put the right details into
the SIPdefault file! Doh!

Thx for all your replys!