Can anyone help

Old May 17th 07, 12:48 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
bob garbutt

Default Can anyone help

hi,

Is it possible to get a ata that would allow multiple sip providers? I
would like to be able to have a in-coming provider and a different
outgoing provider, and would like the calls to go through the ata but
use only one phone and not two separate ones for each service!

Cheers, Bob
Old May 17th 07, 02:06 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Rob

"bob garbutt" wrote in message
k...
hi,

Is it possible to get a ata that would allow multiple sip providers? I
would like to be able to have a in-coming provider and a different
outgoing provider, and would like the calls to go through the ata but
use only one phone and not two separate ones for each service!

My DrayTek Vigor 2800VG (VoIP router) handles multiple incoming and multiple
outgoing providers.

I believe some or all of the Fritz!Box series also have the same
capabilities.

Rob

Old May 17th 07, 02:28 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
bob garbutt

are the fritz!box all adsl products? H I have cable broadband

bob garbutt wrote:
thanks rob, will have a look

bob

Old May 17th 07, 03:42 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
SBS

bob garbutt ) ha scritto:

:: are the fritz!box all adsl products?

I think so. If you live in UK, then you need a Fritz!Box Fon
ANNEX A, then don't purchase a german device but you
need to buy an international version of those items.

Have a look: www.fritzbox.eu and find out the distributor
nearest you.

The Fritz!Box Fon provides up to 10 available SIP account
in a little plastic coloured box :-)

Old May 17th 07, 05:28 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Ivor Jones

"bob garbutt" wrote in message
hi,

Is it possible to get a ata that would allow multiple sip
providers? I would like to be able to have a in-coming
provider and a different outgoing provider, and would
like the calls to go through the ata but use only one
phone and not two separate ones for each service!

Any of the AVM Fritz!Box range will do this. You can have up to 10 SIP
accounts into 2 or 3 (depending on model) phone ports.

For a simpler arrangement, a Sipura SPA-1001 would do what you want (2
accounts, 1 phone port), but they are becoming hard to find now. Someone
will be along to point you at a supplier soon, I''m sure ;-)

Ivor

Old May 17th 07, 05:29 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Ivor Jones

"SBS" [email protected] wrote in message

bob garbutt ) ha scritto:

are the fritz!box all adsl products?

I think so. If you live in UK, then you need a Fritz!Box
Fon ANNEX A, then don't purchase a german device but you
need to buy an international version of those items.

Have a look: www.fritzbox.eu and find out the distributor
nearest you.

The Fritz!Box Fon provides up to 10 available SIP account
in a little plastic coloured box :-)

You can use them on cable without using the ADSL modem by using one of the
ethernet ports as a WAN port. Alternatively there is a router-only device
with no modem but it's not widely available in the UK.

Ivor

Old May 17th 07, 05:40 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
bob garbutt

thanks Ivor,

I've found one here,
http://www.voipon.co.uk/linksys-spa1...FSYgEAodvzEDdA

Old May 17th 07, 06:17 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Ivor Jones

"bob garbutt" wrote in message
thanks Ivor,

I've found one here,
http://www.voipon.co.uk/linksys-spa1...FSYgEAodvzEDdA

Glad to hear it. BTW could I please ask that you don't top post, it's not
the convention for this group and it makes threads hard to follow.

Thanks

Ivor

Old May 17th 07, 08:23 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Ivor Jones

wrote in message

On Thu, 17 May 2007 17:17:57 +0100, "Ivor Jones"
wrote:

Oh deary deary me TOUGH .

Hello Ron.

Ivor