Sounds like a result

Old May 17th 07, 07:41 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Rob.

Default Sounds like a result

After 9 hours of DSL failure a couple of nights ago I made sure
everything was set up for another premium call to Tiscali. (I will look
for a better deal in the near future.) This time I was able to get all
the boxes ticked so that they "ran some tests" and immediately said "I
will have to escalate this to BT". Got a follow up call later in the day
which said BT were looking into it.

Today I noticed the phone ringing intermitantly and a LOT of noise on
the line. I could just make out the dial tone in the background. This
afternoon I got another call from Tiscali to say that BT had nearly
finished their work at the exchange and then everything would be fine.

A while later a BT engineer turned up at the house. He said he knew
nothing about the DSL he was here for the noise ( I spoke to him just
now and he introduced himself as Openworld). However he replaced the
wire into the house and the master socket. We now have a proper master
socket with built in DSL filter. He removed the NTL wires that shared
junction boxes and cables with the BT wires (don't ever ask). He has
now gone away to work down the road at the cabinet. Apparently the wire
from the cabinet (50 yards away) is over 2 miles long as it goes to some
other place and back again - he said he would sort this out so we
should be a lot nearer the exchange on better wires.

If this post goes then it would seem the be a result.