C&W in LLU deal with Virgin Media

Old May 18th 07, 01:02 PM posted to uk.telecom,uk.telecom.broadband
Sunil Sood

Default C&W in LLU deal with Virgin Media

Cable & Wireless (C&W) has announced a four-year agreement with Virgin
Media to become its exclusive local loop unbundling (LLU) network
provider on a wholesale basis until 2011.

With its LLU footprint giving access to around four million additional
homes, C&W says it will supply wholesale broadband services to support
Virgin Media's existing off-net customers as well as new customers.

Virgin Media says this will enable it to offer broadband, phone and
television service to parts of the country not currently served by its
cable network.

Virgin Media chief operating officer Neil Berkett said: "This deal is
great news for consumers and an important step towards making Virgin
Media a truly national brand.

"C&W's excellent service and technology will allow us to offer
enhanced broadband and home phone services to an additional four
million customers. It also lays a foundation for us to provide our
unique quad-play services to the 50 per cent of households outside our
cable network."

C&W UK chief executive Jim Marsh said: "This is another landmark win
for us. We're delighted. We're obsessive about delivering great
service and putting customers at the heart of our business - and
clearly, this approach resonates with Virgin Media."

Regards
Sunil

Old May 18th 07, 11:09 PM posted to uk.telecom,uk.telecom.broadband
acdeag

"Sunil Sood" wrote in message
oups.com...
[...]

More corporate waffle from both of them, if customers had been at the heart
of C&W maybe Bulldog would have been a success.