Do such answering machines exist ?

Old May 18th 07, 06:12 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Phas

Default Do such answering machines exist ?

There is a standard headphones jack for a headset on my IP telephone,
and I'd like to connect an answering machine to it. The trouble is I
can't find any answering machine in stores that has the headphone
jack. Also, couldn't find any regular answering machine for IP
telephones in VOIP internet stores.

Did someone try to convert digital dictaphones into the answering
machines ? These days there are dictaphones which start recording when
initiated by voice. Likewise, I was thinking when a dictaphone
receives a signal from a telephone perhaps it can playback an audio
file as a greeting message and then record caller's message ? Are
there some wild hacks to dictaphones ?

Is the only remaining option to subscribe to some voice message
service ? No more home answering machines ?

Thank you.

Old May 18th 07, 06:58 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Jono

Phas laid this down on his screen :
There is a standard headphones jack for a headset on my IP telephone,
and I'd like to connect an answering machine to it. The trouble is I
can't find any answering machine in stores that has the headphone
jack. Also, couldn't find any regular answering machine for IP
telephones in VOIP internet stores.

Is there any reason you can't use a voicemail service from you Internet
Telephony Service Provider?

If not, I would suggest obtaining an Analogue Telephone Adapter,
configure it with the same credentials as your IP phone, & plug your
answer phone into that......

Old May 18th 07, 06:58 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Jono

(supersedes )

Phas laid this down on his screen :
There is a standard headphones jack for a headset on my IP telephone,
and I'd like to connect an answering machine to it. The trouble is I
can't find any answering machine in stores that has the headphone
jack. Also, couldn't find any regular answering machine for IP
telephones in VOIP internet stores.

Is there any reason you can't use a voicemail service from your

Old May 18th 07, 07:09 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Graham

"Phas" wrote in message
ups.com...
There is a standard headphones jack for a headset on my IP telephone,
and I'd like to connect an answering machine to it. The trouble is I
can't find any answering machine in stores that has the headphone
jack. Also, couldn't find any regular answering machine for IP
telephones in VOIP internet stores.

Did someone try to convert digital dictaphones into the answering
machines ? These days there are dictaphones which start recording when
initiated by voice. Likewise, I was thinking when a dictaphone
receives a signal from a telephone perhaps it can playback an audio
file as a greeting message and then record caller's message ? Are
there some wild hacks to dictaphones ?

Is the only remaining option to subscribe to some voice message
service ? No more home answering machines ?

Thank you.

Most of my VoIP accounts have a free voicemail option
In fact my SIPGATE accounts are totely free to set up if you
just want incomming calls.

Voxalot will add voicemail to any account as well as
consolidating multiple accounts so they appear to your
device as a single account. Also totally free.
--

Graham.
%Profound_observation%