PSTN VOIP adapter AVOID USB powered units the cost of power willeat you

Old May 18th 07, 07:51 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
LVMarc

Default PSTN VOIP adapter AVOID USB powered units the cost of power willeat you

The reliance on USB and computer support of an adapter for voip pstn
combining. uses more energy than the :
cost of the adapter
than the amount you can save on your voip calling plan!

a usb port ad cpu use 420 watts.. fugre out that you pay $0.016 per KWH
you pay over one e daollr per day in power more in commercial setting
where peak power charges are incurred.

A review suggests how much power is used here.............

http://reviews.ebay.com/Billions-ene...00000003599864

A non usb pstn voip pstn adapter is located here

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...5431&rd=1&rd=1

a video of the operation of the Combine-a-line- (non usb) adapter is
here....

View here and now.....http://www.youtube.com/v/R0aGKJQc7rc

Thanks for viewing

Marc
Old May 18th 07, 08:06 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
harrogate3

"LVMarc" wrote in message
[...]

Please, why are we talking USD ona UK newsgroup?

Go away.

Old May 18th 07, 08:33 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Lurch

On Fri, 18 May 2007 19:06:26 GMT, "harrogate3"
mused:

"LVMarc" wrote in message
[...]

Does spam regard too many of the etiquettes of posting?

Even more annoying than spam though, is people who reply to it when
they have inferior spam filters.
--
Regards,
Stuart.
Old May 18th 07, 10:35 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
mr deo

Does spam regard too many of the etiquettes of posting?

Even more annoying than spam though, is people who reply to it when
they have inferior spam filters.
--
Regards,
Stuart.

I quite like this ops spam..
as he monitors the spam he sends out ... it's Unique and interesting in a
OMGWTF sort of way.

Old May 18th 07, 11:33 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Brian A

Please, why are we talking USD ona UK newsgroup?

Go away.

I reckon that it is because he hasn't calculated the power consumption
himself but just copied the data from a US web site.
I agree with the sentiment though, basically he's saying if you need
to have a computer switched on to make a call then it costs you in
electricity charges - over 60/year for a 70W computer, running
without a monitor, 24/7.

Remove 'no_spam_' from email address.
Old May 19th 07, 12:32 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Graham

"Brian A" wrote in message

Please, why are we talking USD ona UK newsgroup?

Go away.

I reckon that it is because he hasn't calculated the power consumption
himself but just copied the data from a US web site.
I agree with the sentiment though, basically he's saying if you need
to have a computer switched on to make a call then it costs you in
electricity charges - over 60/year for a 70W computer, running
without a monitor, 24/7.

Quite, I ran an *@Home box for about a year. Now the novelty
has worn off I can't justify the running costs, so now Voxalot
hosts my accounts for free.
--

Graham.
%Profound_observation%

Old May 20th 07, 03:23 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
andy

On May 19, 12:32 am, "Graham" wrote:
"Brian A" wrote in message

Please, why are we talking USD ona UK newsgroup?

Go away.

I reckon that it is because he hasn't calculated the power consumption
himself but just copied the data from a US web site.
I agree with the sentiment though, basically he's saying if you need
to have a computer switched on to make a call then it costs you in
electricity charges - over 60/year for a 70W computer, running
without a monitor, 24/7.

Quite, I ran an *@Home box for about a year. Now the novelty
has worn off I can't justify the running costs, so now Voxalot
hosts my accounts for free.
--

Graham.
%Profound_observation%

Absolutely. On a couple of forums I've read somebody else's elaborate
description of setting up his own callback platform on a PC running
all the time, to call in from a mobile, and then make outgoing calls.

I really couldn't see the point, as the same rates could be obtained
without having any hardware at all

Old May 21st 07, 11:59 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
LVMarc

harrogate3 wrote:
"LVMarc" wrote in message

[...]

ITS ... USB powered voip adapters.. so this is a voip groupand some
folks are buying aapter that use way more power $$ then they can save
using the cheapper calling schees. The combine-a-line does not use
externa power and of course does not need a USB port, which is connected
to a pc sucking 400 watts.

prodcut link here
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...7665&rd=1&rd=1

energy computation here

http://reviews.ebay.com/Billions-ene...00000003599864

UK voiced combine-a-line manual here

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R0aGKJQc7rc

best regards

marc

Power to the people :-).. not the utility :-)
Old May 22nd 07, 12:00 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
LVMarc

mr deo wrote:
Does spam regard too many of the etiquettes of posting?

Even more annoying than spam though, is people who reply to it when
they have inferior spam filters.
--
Regards,
Stuart.

I quite like this ops spam..
as he monitors the spam he sends out ... it's Unique and interesting in a
OMGWTF sort of way.

Thanks but this is not spam no canned meat here...just facts

Marc
Old May 22nd 07, 12:03 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
LVMarc

Brian A wrote:
Please, why are we talking USD ona UK newsgroup?

Go away.

I reckon that it is because he hasn't calculated the power consumption
himself but just copied the data from a US web site.
I agree with the sentiment though, basically he's saying if you need
to have a computer switched on to make a call then it costs you in
electricity charges - over 60/year for a 70W computer, running
without a monitor, 24/7.

Remove 'no_spam_' from email address.

Brain,

while the calculations can be modified to include % usage the message is
clear some adapter use more power than others. thelowest power unit is
combine-a-line, and this is by design.

Marc