Trixbox SQL database

Old May 21st 07, 09:31 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Alister

Default Trixbox SQL database

I have been tasked with setting up a VOIP solution for our office
comms.

As a relative newbie to voip, and because of previous attempts within
the company, we are using a Trixbox
installation on one of our servers. Both asterisk and trixbox are the
latest versions.

my problem is that, using the FreePBX web front end to setup
extensions, the entries in various .conf files don't work with the
telephones we have (atcom at320) and I have to go into config edit and
manually re-write the sip_additional.conf and
extensions_additional.conf to get them to work. This however doesn't
update the MySQL database that trixbox uses, so everytime I make any
changes via freepbx I have to copy and paste my copy of the conf files
back into asterisk.

The symptoms are that on dialling a number - internal or external, the
phones go direct to busy signal.
Using a softphone, the log shows "Call rejected".

The bits that i have to manually edit are to do with my outgoing route
contexts in extensions_additional.conf
and the allowed codecs in sip_additional.conf.

As an example - the outgoing route extensions don't work as freepbx
writes them:

[outrt-001-PSTN Out]
include = outrt-001-PSTN Out-custom
exten = _0XXXXXXXXXX,1,Macro(dialout-trunk,2,${EXTEN},,)
exten = _0XXXXXXXXXX,n,Macro(outisbusy,)

; end of [outrt-001-PSTN Out]

I have to change it to:

[outrt-001-PSTN Out]
include = outrt-001-PSTN Out-custom
exten = _0XXXXXXXXXX,1,Dial(SIP/voiptalk-out/${EXTEN})
exten = _0XXXXXXXXXX,n,Macro(outisbusy,)

; end of [outrt-001-PSTN Out]

I am sure I am doing something wrong - I just need you to tell me what
(and probably what an idiot I am).

Thanks

Alister

Old May 21st 07, 03:41 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Desk Rabbit

Alister wrote:
I have been tasked with setting up a VOIP solution for our office
comms.

As a relative newbie to voip, and because of previous attempts within
the company, we are using a Trixbox
installation on one of our servers. Both asterisk and trixbox are the
latest versions.

my problem is that, using the FreePBX web front end to setup
extensions, the entries in various .conf files don't work with the
telephones we have (atcom at320) and I have to go into config edit and
manually re-write the sip_additional.conf and
extensions_additional.conf to get them to work. This however doesn't
update the MySQL database that trixbox uses, so everytime I make any
changes via freepbx I have to copy and paste my copy of the conf files
back into asterisk.

I suspect the clue is in the first line of the config files:-

; do not edit this file, this is an auto-generated file by freepbx
; all modifications must be done from the web gui

The changes are made in the GUI which writes to the SQL Database. When
you apply the changes, it reads from the SQL database and writes the
config files which asterisk uses.

writes them:

[outrt-001-PSTN Out]
include = outrt-001-PSTN Out-custom
exten = _0XXXXXXXXXX,1,Macro(dialout-trunk,2,${EXTEN},,)
exten = _0XXXXXXXXXX,n,Macro(outisbusy,)

; end of [outrt-001-PSTN Out]

I have to change it to:

[outrt-001-PSTN Out]
include = outrt-001-PSTN Out-custom
exten = _0XXXXXXXXXX,1,Dial(SIP/voiptalk-out/${EXTEN})
exten = _0XXXXXXXXXX,n,Macro(outisbusy,)

; end of [outrt-001-PSTN Out]

I'd say that's more likely a problem with the way you have defined your
trunks and/or routes as the way Freepbx writes the config files is not
an issue.
Old May 21st 07, 04:17 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
alexd

Alister wrote:

I have been tasked with setting up a VOIP solution for our office
comms.

As a relative newbie to voip, and because of previous attempts within
the company, we are using a Trixbox
installation on one of our servers. Both asterisk and trixbox are the
latest versions.

my problem is that, using the FreePBX web front end to setup
extensions, the entries in various .conf files don't work with the
telephones we have (atcom at320)

I've got one at home which works fine with vanilla Asterisk. I also have two
at work on a Trixbox 2 box. At neither site do they require any kind of
special fiddling to get them to work.

and I have to go into config edit and
manually re-write the sip_additional.conf and
extensions_additional.conf to get them to work. This however doesn't
update the MySQL database that trixbox uses, so everytime I make any
changes via freepbx I have to copy and paste my copy of the conf files
back into asterisk.

The symptoms are that on dialling a number - internal or external, the
phones go direct to busy signal.
Using a softphone, the log shows "Call rejected".

Do you have any extensions that aren't AT-320's? Perhaps you could install
X-Lite or similar on a PC to test it out? Have you put them on the latest
firmware?

I am sure I am doing something wrong - I just need you to tell me what
(and probably what an idiot I am).

Try and forget about the text config files. If all you're trying to do is
get two extensions to work with an IP trunk, you shouldn't need to resort
to making manual changes to the .conf files. Try and get it working through
the web interface.

--
http://ale.cx/ (AIM:troffasky) )
15:59:17 up 22 days, 17:59, 2 users, load average: 1.65, 1.10, 0.62

Old May 21st 07, 05:00 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Alister

On 21 May, 09:31, Alister wrote:
snip

Well, I did say I was an idiot!

Thanks to Desk Rabbit and alexd for your replies.

I have now found the rather silly errors I was making, and all works
fine.

In sip.conf, in the [general] section I had put disallow=all - trying
to get an awkward mobile phone to work so
I was changing the allowed codecs on a phone by phone basis. I forgot
to allow the various codecs again
globally when I had finished - doh!

In extensions.conf I had taken out the include=my_outgoing_context for
some daft reason.

All in all not a good day.

Just as a matter of interest though, is there any way of updating the
SQL database from manually altered
conf files?

Thanks

Alister

Old May 21st 07, 09:06 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
alexd

Alister wrote:

Just as a matter of interest though, is there any way of updating the
SQL database from manually altered conf files?

No.

--
http://ale.cx/ (AIM:troffasky) )
21:04:05 up 22 days, 23:04, 2 users, load average: 0.58, 0.54, 0.54