Forwarding CLID of forwarded / follow me calls.

Old May 22nd 07, 10:35 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
PhilT

Default Forwarding CLID of forwarded / follow me calls.

What's the state of play with having a calling parties CLID forwarded
out onto the PSTN or mobile networks by an IP PABX. Do any UK VoIP
services offer this capability ?

I read of users in the US or Canada who for example call forward from
their Vonage VoIP service to a cell phone or landline and receive the
caller ID of the original inbound caller (rather than their Vonage
account, which would be useless). Can we get this ? Does Vonage UK
achieve the same ?

Phil

Old May 22nd 07, 01:00 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
{{{{{Welcome}}}}}

PhilT wrote:
What's the state of play with having a calling parties CLID forwarded
out onto the PSTN or mobile networks by an IP PABX. Do any UK VoIP
services offer this capability ?

I read of users in the US or Canada who for example call forward from
their Vonage VoIP service to a cell phone or landline and receive the
caller ID of the original inbound caller (rather than their Vonage
account, which would be useless). Can we get this ? Does Vonage UK
achieve the same ?

Phil

When I use VoIPStunt to forward my calls to my mobile, I get the calling
parties CLID displayed as well as being informed it is a forwarded call.
Not tried it to a landline though (I don't have one).

http://petitions.pm.gov.uk/currency

Old May 22nd 07, 07:31 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Jono

{{{{{Welcome}}}}} brought next idea :
PhilT wrote:
What's the state of play with having a calling parties CLID forwarded
out onto the PSTN or mobile networks by an IP PABX. Do any UK VoIP
services offer this capability ?

I read of users in the US or Canada who for example call forward from
their Vonage VoIP service to a cell phone or landline and receive the
caller ID of the original inbound caller (rather than their Vonage
account, which would be useless). Can we get this ? Does Vonage UK
achieve the same ?

Phil

When I use VoIPStunt to forward my calls to my mobile, I get the calling
parties CLID displayed as well as being informed it is a forwarded call. Not
tried it to a landline though (I don't have one).

That is a feature of call forwarding using the "network's" system. The
OP is hoping to be able to forward calls using a PBX & keep the
original caller's CLI intact.

caller == inbound trunk == PBX == outbound trunk== mobile.

AFAIK, there aren't any providers in the UK that will allow the
outbound CLI to be manipulated on a call by call basis, as it would
then be technically possible to spoof any CLI.

Interestingly, if you forward an SPA3000's PSTN call using Sipgate, the
caller's CLI is retained.

Caller == BT Line == SPA3000 == SIPGATE1 == Remote SIPGATE Acc

Old May 22nd 07, 07:52 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
{{{{{Welcome}}}}}

Jono wrote:
{{{{{Welcome}}}}} brought next idea :
PhilT wrote:
What's the state of play with having a calling parties CLID
forwarded out onto the PSTN or mobile networks by an IP PABX. Do
any UK VoIP services offer this capability ?

I read of users in the US or Canada who for example call forward
from their Vonage VoIP service to a cell phone or landline and
receive the caller ID of the original inbound caller (rather than
their Vonage account, which would be useless). Can we get this ?
Does Vonage UK achieve the same ?

Phil

When I use VoIPStunt to forward my calls to my mobile, I get the
calling parties CLID displayed as well as being informed it is a
forwarded call. Not tried it to a landline though (I don't have one).

That is a feature of call forwarding using the "network's" system. The
OP is hoping to be able to forward calls using a PBX & keep the
original caller's CLI intact.

You're right, I missed the important part of the post.

http://petitions.pm.gov.uk/currency

Old May 22nd 07, 08:13 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Jono

PhilT pretended :
What's the state of play with having a calling parties CLID forwarded
out onto the PSTN or mobile networks by an IP PABX. Do any UK VoIP
services offer this capability ?

See my reply to {{{{{Welcome}}}}}. I cannot think of any providers that
would allow you to, effectively, spoof CLIs on outbound (forwarded)
calls from your IP PBX.

I read of users in the US or Canada who for example call forward from
their Vonage VoIP service to a cell phone or landline and receive the
caller ID of the original inbound caller (rather than their Vonage
account, which would be useless). Can we get this ? Does Vonage UK
achieve the same ?

Phil

I would imagine that ALL calls forwarded would retain the caller's CLI,
regardless of provider, so long as the call doesn't go through your
PBX.

If I divert my voip.co.uk line, the CLI is retained, {{{{{Welcome}}}}}
mentions Sipdiscount works in the same way, as do BT call forwards.

Old May 22nd 07, 09:30 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Herman

"PhilT" wrote in message
oups.com...
What's the state of play with having a calling parties CLID forwarded
out onto the PSTN or mobile networks by an IP PABX. Do any UK VoIP
services offer this capability ?

I read of users in the US or Canada who for example call forward from
their Vonage VoIP service to a cell phone or landline and receive the
caller ID of the original inbound caller (rather than their Vonage
account, which would be useless). Can we get this ? Does Vonage UK
achieve the same ?

Phil

Vonage UK calls forwarded by their carrier pass the original cli through.
However, it took a call from me to their tech support before this was the
case on my line. Don't know if the change filtered through to all other
users. The CLI was corrupted though (extra 0) and did not show as diverted
call on a mobile. Despite further calls, I never managed to get them to
resolve that. My mobile did link numbers presented in this way to a
contact. My mobile presented as +2012345678 instead of 02012345678 or
+442012345678.

I left Vonage quite a few months ago so things may have changed since then
(but I doubt it)

I am not aware that Vonage offer an IP PBX service, although they may offer
a "virtual" PBX service

Old May 23rd 07, 09:43 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
PhilT

On 22 May, 20:30, "Herman"
wrote:

I am not aware that Vonage offer an IP PBX service, although they may offer
a "virtual" PBX service

I think the psoting I saw were from users that had outbound Vonage
trunks on Asterisk servers, may have been using a standard account or
softphone details.

Will go back and check. They were discussing passing the name in the
CLID as well as the number which suggested Vonage would honour the
CLID sent to them and put it out onto the PSTN / cellular networks.

Phil