What do you want from a VOIP provider

Old May 23rd 07, 02:29 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Infant Newbie

Default What do you want from a VOIP provider

We will launch a new VOIP service soon. We are sounding out u guys n gals in
this newsgroup! Tell me what you would like from our service - OR FOREVER
HOLD YOUR PEACE :-)

Any takers?
The Management.

Old May 24th 07, 12:33 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Infant Newbie

"Ivor Jones" wrote in message
"Infant Newbie" wrote in message

We will launch a new VOIP service soon. We are sounding
out u guys n gals in this newsgroup! Tell me what you
would like from our service

No spam.

What makes this spam? It is a genuine request. This is a group with quite
considerable discussion about the pros and cons of VOIP Service Providers.
Why dont we try and get some Do's and Dont's from knowledgeable people? I am
not advertising any site at all.

Old May 24th 07, 12:34 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Infant Newbie

"Henry Hooray" wrote in message
"Infant Newbie" wrote in message
We will launch a new VOIP service soon. We are sounding out u guys n gals
in this newsgroup! Tell me what you would like from our service - OR
FOREVER HOLD YOUR PEACE :-)

Any takers?
The Management.

Nope.

Why not? Wont you like a good service from a provider who wants to hear your
views?

Old May 24th 07, 10:21 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
RH

"Ivor Jones" wrote in message
"Infant Newbie" wrote in message

We will launch a new VOIP service soon. We are sounding
out u guys n gals in this newsgroup! Tell me what you
would like from our service

No spam.

I hate spam as much as the next person, spam as far as I define it is ; 1
way blatent advertising.
this message did not advertise any company or product and was a genuine
question trying to bring up a worthwhile discussion.

Old May 24th 07, 11:00 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
RH

"Infant Newbie" wrote in message
We will launch a new VOIP service soon. We are sounding out u guys n gals
in this newsgroup! Tell me what you would like from our service - OR
FOREVER HOLD YOUR PEACE :-)

Any takers?
The Management.

Not sure why other have been so against your post as most people complain
companies do not listen to what potential customer want. Maybe if SIPGATE
had some respect for their customers and listen to them, they would not get
so slagged off on here.

My Needs;

I use VOIP for work, the service I need has to be rock solid, easy to
administer and with lots of functions. cost is an issue in that it should
be value for money
not cheap.

Features I like/would like in a service :
PSTN fallover/divert
Voicemail Configuration - on/off when to kick in
Decent range of DID not 0870 numbers - Willing to pay for
Competive Call charges, not silly free calls or silly overprices 20p/m
mobile calls
Work with Trixbox/Asterisk
Callme URL

Extra functions
If you can incorporate PBX type functions at a good rate then you will have
a winner, functions like :
blacklist
IVR
Call routing
On Hold Music
If you can do prompts via text files like callagenix do (not a voip provider
but a virtual pbx company) that would be great

Just some thoughts,

Old May 24th 07, 11:08 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Brian A

On Thu, 24 May 2007 10:21:38 +0100, "RH"
wrote:

"Ivor Jones" wrote in message
"Infant Newbie" wrote in message

We will launch a new VOIP service soon. We are sounding
out u guys n gals in this newsgroup! Tell me what you
would like from our service

No spam.

I hate spam as much as the next person, spam as far as I define it is ; 1
way blatent advertising.
this message did not advertise any company or product and was a genuine
question trying to bring up a worthwhile discussion.

I agree, it the post did not advertise anything, so it might not be
considerd as spam - unless you consider it as market research spam.
I am going to give it the botd.

O.K., I was hoping I wouildn't be the first here ...
1. Obvious stuff like reliability and good quality audio.
2. Good prices including a flat rate to landlines like voip.co.uk and
vyke.co.uk. Decent mobile rates.
3. Good voicemail facility.
4. MUST work with Voxalot.
5. Usual inclusive 'network services' (i.e. 1471 etc.) additions.
6. Inclusive geo incoming number.

Now, the above should create some comment... :-)

Remove 'no_spam_' from email address.
Old May 24th 07, 03:53 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Ivor Jones

"Ivor Jones" wrote in message
"Infant Newbie" wrote in message

We will launch a new VOIP service soon. We are
sounding out u guys n gals in this newsgroup! Tell me
what you would like from our service

No spam.

What makes this spam?

It's unsolicited. That's the definition of spam.

It is a genuine request. This is a
group with quite considerable discussion about the pros
and cons of VOIP Service Providers. Why dont we try and
get some Do's and Dont's from knowledgeable people? I am
not advertising any site at all.

Of course not.

Plonk

Ivor

Old May 24th 07, 03:55 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Ivor Jones

wrote:

"Ivor Jones" wrote in message
"Infant Newbie" wrote in message

We will launch a new VOIP service soon. We are
sounding out u guys n gals in this newsgroup! Tell
me what you would like from our service

No spam.

I hate spam as much as the next person, spam as far as
I define it is ; 1 way blatent advertising.
this message did not advertise any company or product
and was a genuine question trying to bring up a
worthwhile discussion.

I agree, it the post did not advertise anything, so it
might not be considerd as spam - unless you consider it
as market research spam.

It's still spam. It was unsolicited and the poster doesn't give an email
address that is valid, nor a website to check out. Not signs of a
reputable company IMO.

I am going to give it the botd.

O.K., I was hoping I wouildn't be the first here ...
1. Obvious stuff like reliability and good quality audio.
2. Good prices including a flat rate to landlines like
voip.co.uk and vyke.co.uk. Decent mobile rates.
3. Good voicemail facility.
4. MUST work with Voxalot.
5. Usual inclusive 'network services' (i.e. 1471 etc.)
additions.
6. Inclusive geo incoming number.

Now, the above should create some comment... :-)

Add to the above - don't spam newsgroups.