Polycom/Draytek/Orange problem

Old May 24th 07, 05:15 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Rupert

Default Polycom/Draytek/Orange problem

Hi,

We've got a problem. We've got four Polycom SoundPoint IP 501s connected to
a Hipcom hosted VoIP Centrex service over Orange Broadband (ADSL Max) on a
DrayTek Vigor2800G.

The problem is that the phones keep losing their connection (registration).
They don't drop off the LAN (still pingable etc), they just seem to loose
their SIP connection to Hipcom. All other Internet access seems fine. The
router shows active NAT sessions for all phones on port 5060.

The ADSL Max line is two months old so should have settled down now.

Resetting the router, though, does solve the problem.

Any ideas? TIA

Rupert

Old May 24th 07, 06:16 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Desk Rabbit

Rupert wrote:
Hi,

We've got a problem. We've got four Polycom SoundPoint IP 501s connected to
a Hipcom hosted VoIP Centrex service over Orange Broadband (ADSL Max) on a
DrayTek Vigor2800G.

The problem is that the phones keep losing their connection (registration).
They don't drop off the LAN (still pingable etc), they just seem to loose
their SIP connection to Hipcom. All other Internet access seems fine. The
router shows active NAT sessions for all phones on port 5060.

The ADSL Max line is two months old so should have settled down now.

Resetting the router, though, does solve the problem.

Update router firmware? Try another router? Try a Zyxel.
Could be the Nat table is running out of space.
Old May 24th 07, 07:08 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Rob

"Rupert" wrote in message
Hi,

We've got a problem. We've got four Polycom SoundPoint IP 501s connected

a Hipcom hosted VoIP Centrex service over Orange Broadband (ADSL Max) on a
DrayTek Vigor2800G.

The problem is that the phones keep losing their connection

(registration).
They don't drop off the LAN (still pingable etc), they just seem to loose
their SIP connection to Hipcom. All other Internet access seems fine. The
router shows active NAT sessions for all phones on port 5060.

The ADSL Max line is two months old so should have settled down now.

Resetting the router, though, does solve the problem.

Any ideas? TIA

You could try asking on the DrayTek users forum at:
http://www.forum.draytek.co.uk/

(I think you may have to register)

Rob

Old May 24th 07, 11:14 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Linker3000

Rupert wrote:
Hi,

We've got a problem. We've got four Polycom SoundPoint IP 501s connected to
a Hipcom hosted VoIP Centrex service over Orange Broadband (ADSL Max) on a
DrayTek Vigor2800G.

The problem is that the phones keep losing their connection (registration).
They don't drop off the LAN (still pingable etc), they just seem to loose
their SIP connection to Hipcom. All other Internet access seems fine. The
router shows active NAT sessions for all phones on port 5060.

The ADSL Max line is two months old so should have settled down now.

Resetting the router, though, does solve the problem.

Any ideas? TIA

Rupert

May not be relevant but on the 2600s I have to telnet into the routers
and issue the command: sys sip_alg 0 [enter] otherwise calls drop after
45 secs.

Old May 25th 07, 09:34 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Paul Hayes

Linker3000 wrote:
Rupert wrote:

May not be relevant but on the 2600s I have to telnet into the routers
and issue the command: sys sip_alg 0 [enter] otherwise calls drop after
45 secs.

I was about to say the same thing. Still applies to the newer Draytek
routers as well, the SIP ALG still causes weird problems, I don't know
why router manufacturers bother with them, I'm yet to see one in a SOHO
router that doesn't cause more problems than it solves.

cheers,
Paul.
Old May 25th 07, 06:44 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Tim

Rupert wrote:
Hi,

We've got a problem. We've got four Polycom SoundPoint IP 501s
connected to a Hipcom hosted VoIP Centrex service over Orange
Broadband (ADSL Max) on a DrayTek Vigor2800G.

The problem is that the phones keep losing their connection
(registration). They don't drop off the LAN (still pingable etc),
they just seem to loose their SIP connection to Hipcom. All other
Internet access seems fine. The router shows active NAT sessions for
all phones on port 5060.

Not sure about the 2800, but the 2600 has a AIP SLG onboard that
intercepts 5060 traffic and messes it up.

You can disable the ALG by telnetting to the router on later 2600
firmware.

Tim
Old May 27th 07, 10:58 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Jon Farmer

Rupert wrote:
Hi,

We've got a problem. We've got four Polycom SoundPoint IP 501s connected to
a Hipcom hosted VoIP Centrex service over Orange Broadband (ADSL Max) on a
DrayTek Vigor2800G.

The problem is that the phones keep losing their connection (registration).
They don't drop off the LAN (still pingable etc), they just seem to loose
their SIP connection to Hipcom. All other Internet access seems fine. The
router shows active NAT sessions for all phones on port 5060.

The ADSL Max line is two months old so should have settled down now.

Resetting the router, though, does solve the problem.

Any ideas? TIA

Have you checked how often the Polycom's are resending registration
(expiry). IMHO if you get the devices to reregister more frequently it
stops this kind of behaviour. 120 seconds is usually a good setting for me.

HTH

Regards

Jon