Sipgate Number Not Working

Old May 28th 07, 02:29 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Rob

Default Sipgate Number Not Working

I changed my Sipgate number about two days ago, everything seemed to go OK.

However, now I can't receive calls from PSTN or mobiles but calls from other
Sipgate users come through OK. If I call from my Orange mobile it gives a
message 'Number not in use'. Has anybody else experienced this; if so, did
you manage to sort it and if so, how?

Thanks in advance.

Old May 28th 07, 03:32 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
themgt

Rob wrote:
I changed my Sipgate number about two days ago, everything seemed to go OK.

However, now I can't receive calls from PSTN or mobiles but calls from other
Sipgate users come through OK. If I call from my Orange mobile it gives a
message 'Number not in use'. Has anybody else experienced this; if so, did
you manage to sort it and if so, how?

My sipgate number is doing this, I haven't changed it though. If I set
the timeout on the answering service to zero seconds then I can get
that, otherwise it's 'Number not in use'. I've tried it from various
mobile networks but not from another VoIP number.
Old May 28th 07, 04:43 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Ivor Jones

"Rob" wrote in message

I changed my Sipgate number about two days ago,
everything seemed to go OK.
However, now I can't receive calls from PSTN or mobiles
but calls from other Sipgate users come through OK. If I
call from my Orange mobile it gives a message 'Number not
in use'. Has anybody else experienced this; if so, did
you manage to sort it and if so, how?
Thanks in advance.

What do Sipgate tech support say..?

When you say changed the number, what do you mean..? Did you just change
the PSTN number with the "change number" facility on the website..? If so,
be aware that this *doesn't* change the SIP ID, this remains as it was,
just the PSTN number changes, so you effectively now have two numbers, one
for PSTN callers and one for Sipgate callers.

Sometimes after you've done this, the database that marries the two can
get out of sync, give it a day or two longer, if it's still the same then
email support.

FWIW the website has been a bit slow lately but that shouldn't make a
difference.

Ivor

Old May 28th 07, 09:55 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Rob

"Ivor Jones" wrote in message
"Rob" wrote in message

[...]

I just changed the PSTN number using the change number facility (I know
the SIP ID remains the same).

I have dropped Sipgate tech an email yesterday but no response yet (it is a
bank holiday after all!)

Thanks for replies.

Old May 30th 07, 12:59 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
RH

wrote in message
On Mon, 28 May 2007 21:55:29 +0100, "Rob" wrote:

I have dropped Sipgate tech an email yesterday but no response yet (it is
bank holiday after all!)

You will receive a reply next year sometime when they have sobered up.

Isn't SIPgate wholly based in Germany? on the odd occassion I have contacted
them, mails back were from a german sounding person, both in name
and manner,

Old May 30th 07, 05:00 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
alexd

RH wrote:

Isn't SIPgate wholly based in Germany? on the odd occassion I have
contacted them, mails back were from a german sounding person, both in
name and manner,

Yes.

--
http://ale.cx/ (AIM:troffasky) )
16:58:52 up 31 days, 18:59, 2 users, load average: 0.53, 0.51, 0.40

Old May 31st 07, 11:05 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Ivor Jones

wrote in message

On Wed, 30 May 2007 12:59:09 +0100, "RH"
wrote:

[snip]

Isn't SIPgate wholly based in Germany? on the odd
occassion I have contacted them, mails back were from a
german sounding person, both in name
and manner,

Course they are but they like to mislead people by using
a co.uk address , I am much surprised that Mrs Jones
little lad hasn't replied to this .

You leave my mother out of it. You're not fit to lick her boots.

For an answer, they don't mislead anybody. The company address is clearly
stated on the website.

Ivor