Skype - connect 2 USB headsets?

Old May 29th 07, 06:54 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Appelation Controlee

Default Skype - connect 2 USB headsets?

Some friends want to both be able to simultaneously participate in calls to
their son in Canada, and want to know if it's possible to plug 2 USB
headsets into their computer. I think not - presumably Skype will only
support a single device (?) - but, not being a user, and having no access
to a second headset, can't verify this.
Can anyone advise? Seems to me that this would only (possibly) be viable
using the audio jack connectors (and jack-connected headsets) with a
splitter.
Using speakers and a mike wouldn't be an acceptable alternative as one of
the parties is hard of hearing, and the advantage of headsets is that they
exclude extraneous noise.
Old May 29th 07, 07:17 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Jon Farmer

Appelation Controlee wrote:
Some friends want to both be able to simultaneously participate in calls to
their son in Canada, and want to know if it's possible to plug 2 USB
headsets into their computer. I think not - presumably Skype will only
support a single device (?) - but, not being a user, and having no access
to a second headset, can't verify this.
Can anyone advise? Seems to me that this would only (possibly) be viable
using the audio jack connectors (and jack-connected headsets) with a
splitter.
Using speakers and a mike wouldn't be an acceptable alternative as one of
the parties is hard of hearing, and the advantage of headsets is that they
exclude extraneous noise.

You are correct. However ther are quite a few Skype devices out there
these days so there might be something that will do handsfree that will
allow more than one person to participate.

Something like this

http://www.mobileplanet.com/p.aspx?i=139009

Regards

Jon
Old May 30th 07, 06:56 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Appelation Controlee

On Tue, 29 May 2007 07:17:20 +0100, Jon Farmer wrote:

[...]

Thanks for the suggestion, Jon. I'll forward it on. :-)