Ping Ivor et al - ATA recommendation

Old May 29th 07, 04:50 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
dincs

Default Ping Ivor et al - ATA recommendation

Hi lads,

Im embarking into an exciting new project, and Id like to know from
your hands-on experiences which are the most reliable (cost is not a
factor here!) ATA you dealt with.

Sipura, Linksys, Grandstream... What you recommend?

TA

--
dincs

Old May 29th 07, 05:00 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Paul Hayes

dincs wrote:
Hi lads,

Im embarking into an exciting new project, and Id like to know from
your hands-on experiences which are the most reliable (cost is not a
factor here!) ATA you dealt with.

Sipura, Linksys, Grandstream... What you recommend?

TA

--
dincs

Sipura = Linksys. Linksys bought Sipura a year or so ago and the
Linksys ATAs sold are Sipura hardware in fancy Linksys cases.

In my experience they are still the best on the market for single/duel
port adaptors. If you want more ports and money truely isn't an issue
then have a look at Audiocodes gateways which are high-end products (but
also priced accordingly).

cheers,
Paul.
Old May 30th 07, 01:51 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Ivor Jones

"dincs" wrote in message
ups.com
Hi lads,

Im embarking into an exciting new project, and Id like
to know from your hands-on experiences which are the most
reliable (cost is not a factor here!) ATA you dealt with.

Sipura, Linksys, Grandstream... What you recommend?

AVM Fritz!Box range. 7140 is the top of the range model in the UK, the
7170 is better IMHO but it's not available in Annex A as yet.

www.avm.de/en

Ivor

Old May 30th 07, 08:18 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Herman

"Ivor Jones" wrote in message
"dincs" wrote in message
ups.com
Hi lads,

Im embarking into an exciting new project, and Id like
to know from your hands-on experiences which are the most
reliable (cost is not a factor here!) ATA you dealt with.

Sipura, Linksys, Grandstream... What you recommend?

AVM Fritz!Box range. 7140 is the top of the range model in the UK, the
7170 is better IMHO but it's not available in Annex A as yet.

www.avm.de/en

Ivor

Agreed FritzBox is best ATA I tried, although Vonage locked Linksys
(remotely provisioned) was also fairly reliable from a user perspective. I
have not found any ATA as good as the FritzBox (7050 in my case) for
something as simple as SIP registration, though. All other boxes I have
tried give up trying eventually, which dramatically increases downtime as
soon as you have an ISP problem.

FritzBox is also specified to handle ISDN, although I have no use for this.

Old May 30th 07, 09:47 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
dincs

Recently, Ivor Jones popped out over the fence
around uk.telecom.voip and said...
|"dincs" wrote in message
oups.com
| Hi lads,
|
| I?m embarking into an exciting new project, and I?d like
| to know from your hands-on experiences which are the most
| reliable (cost is not a factor here!) ATA you dealt with.
|
| Sipura, Linksys, Grandstream... What you recommend?
|
|AVM Fritz!Box range. 7140 is the top of the range model in the UK, the
|7170 is better IMHO but it's not available in Annex A as yet.
|
|www.avm.de/en
|
|Ivor

Hi Ivor,

I know VERY well how reliable and good AVM products are (my Fritz!Box
Fon WLAN works flawlessly since October 2005, touch wood).
But I am looking for simple ATAs, one phone in - one LAN out - one SIP
account. I'm open to a "box" with multiple "units", e.g. two Phone
ports, two LAN ports, two SIP accounts, even if I'm not too keen on
that. I'd like to avoid single points of failure. If a 4-ports device
goes south it's 4 users cut off and a higher cost to replace it, even
if it's just one of the ports stuffed.
I can buy a couple of SPA-1001 more to leave there as spares to shuffle
in when needed, and reconfigure them remotely.

Thanks for the suggestion tho...
--
dincs - The Y2K Druid