Does anyone produce a all in one DECT, PSTN & VoIP answer phone?

Old May 30th 07, 10:38 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Andy Davies

Default Does anyone produce a all in one DECT, PSTN & VoIP answer phone?

Our dect system is on it's last legs and I'm looking for things to
replace it with.

Ideally I'd like an all-in-one box that's cordless can connect to the
PSTN, a VoIP service and has an answering machine build in too, but I
can't find one - do they exist?

I've seem the Siemens C460 range which looks nice but of course
doesn't have an answer phone.

Cheers

Andy

Old May 30th 07, 10:57 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Paul Hayes

Andy Davies wrote:
Our dect system is on it's last legs and I'm looking for things to
replace it with.

Ideally I'd like an all-in-one box that's cordless can connect to the
PSTN, a VoIP service and has an answering machine build in too, but I
can't find one - do they exist?

I've seem the Siemens C460 range which looks nice but of course
doesn't have an answer phone.

Cheers

Andy

I assume you want an answering machine just for your PSTN line?

I think the best solution at the moment would be a Siemens C460IP or
S450IP (which has multiple SIP registrations and multiple calls) and a
plain-old answering machine. Then use a splitter on the PSTN line,
connect one wire to the PSTN input on the Siemens phone and the other to
the answering machine.

I'm not aware of any DECT IP phone which has an answering machine
built-in at this time.

cheers,
Paul.
Old May 30th 07, 11:20 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Gordon Henderson

In article . com,
Andy Davies wrote:
Our dect system is on it's last legs and I'm looking for things to
replace it with.

Ideally I'd like an all-in-one box that's cordless can connect to the
PSTN, a VoIP service and has an answering machine build in too, but I
can't find one - do they exist?

I've seem the Siemens C460 range which looks nice but of course
doesn't have an answer phone.

They are nice - having a bit of trouble getting hold on them in the UK
right now, but Siemens have assured me they've not end of lined them!

A 3-box solution would be an ATA, with BT & Ethernet connections on
the outside and standard single analogue socket on the inside, then a
splitter going to a stand-alone answering machine and a separate DECT
base station - or use a combined DECT Base + Answering machine for a
2-box solution... But still much spaghetti though...

Gordon
Old May 30th 07, 11:33 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Andy Davies

On May 30, 10:57 am, Paul Hayes wrote:

I assume you want an answering machine just for your PSTN line?

Ideally I'd like a single answering machine that covers both the PSTN
and the VoIP lines

I'm not aware of any DECT IP phone which has an answering machine
built-in at this time.

Yeh, that was my conclusion after having a look around.

Thanks

Andy

Old May 30th 07, 11:35 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Tim

Paul Hayes wrote:
I'm not aware of any DECT IP phone which has an answering machine
built-in at this time.

But it is in Siemens' road map. Whether there will be a UK variant,
and whether it is ever going to happen, I don't know.

Tim
Old May 30th 07, 01:05 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Bob Templeman

Whatever you choose make sure that your new box is compatible with BTs new
generation of exchanges vide http://www.switchedonuk.org/home/ switched-on
will move the BT's network technology to a system based on Internet Protocol
technology, also known as IP etc. Otherwise you will join the hapless
purchasers of current DAB radios which will be useless for the new planned
transmission protocol!!
See http://www.digitalradiotech.co.uk/
Bob
ups.com...

Old May 30th 07, 04:15 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
▀°dincÁs▓░░░

Recently, Gordon Henderson popped out over the fence
around uk.telecom.voip and said...
|In article . com,
|Andy Davies wrote:
|Our dect system is on it's last legs and I'm looking for things to
|replace it with.
|
|Ideally I'd like an all-in-one box that's cordless can connect to the
|PSTN, a VoIP service and has an answering machine build in too, but I
|can't find one - do they exist?
|
|I've seem the Siemens C460 range which looks nice but of course
|doesn't have an answer phone.
|
|They are nice - having a bit of trouble getting hold on them in the UK
|right now, but Siemens have assured me they've not end of lined them!
|
|A 3-box solution would be an ATA, with BT & Ethernet connections on
|the outside and standard single analogue socket on the inside, then a
|splitter going to a stand-alone answering machine and a separate DECT
|base station - or use a combined DECT Base + Answering machine for a
|2-box solution... But still much spaghetti though...
|
|Gordon

Siemens C460 or S460 plus their C46 / S46 additional handsets available
here, how many do you want? :-)

--
▀°dincÁs▓░░░ - The Y2K Druid
----------------------------
Old May 30th 07, 04:58 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
alexd

Tim wrote:

Paul Hayes wrote:
I'm not aware of any DECT IP phone which has an answering machine
built-in at this time.

But it is in Siemens' road map. Whether there will be a UK variant,
and whether it is ever going to happen, I don't know.

That's an interesting comment. It's not like the UK is massively behind the
rest of Europe in terms of broadband penetration, so why do you think that
might be the case? Surely they'll just turn up on eBay anyway if there's
demand?

--
http://ale.cx/ (AIM:troffasky) )
16:44:07 up 31 days, 18:44, 2 users, load average: 0.08, 0.15, 0.15

Old May 30th 07, 05:38 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Gordon Henderson

In article o.uk,
▀°dincÁs▓░░░ wrote:

Siemens C460 or S460 plus their C46 / S46 additional handsets available
here, how many do you want? :-)

Email me or let me know your website address. My email is valid.

Gordon
Old May 31st 07, 09:33 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Hongtian

On 30 May, 18:33, Andy Davies wrote:
On May 30, 10:57 am, Paul Hayes wrote:

I assume you want an answering machine just for your PSTN line?

Ideally I'd like a single answering machine that covers both the PSTN
and the VoIP lines

I'm not aware of any DECT IP phone which has an answering machine
built-in at this time.

Yeh, that was my conclusion after having a look around.

Thanks

Andy

I suggest following solution:
(1) Use an ATA to connect your PSTN, answer machine to SIP server.
(2) Put these lines, both PSTN and VOIP, and answer machine to the
same ring group.

Then, when receive an incoming call, all of them will ring and your
answer machine can answer the call.

miniSipServer is a software based SIP server, it can provide ring
group service.

Have a try.