Providers and voip regulations

Old May 31st 07, 02:37 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip

Default Providers and voip regulations

I am aware that new regulation for the VoIP industry came in to force
on the 29th of this month yet I have only been able to find 2
providers that seem to be adhering to these new laws www.vonage.co.uk
and www.voipfone.co.uk this limits my options unless I am repaired to
take a chance on one of the companies that would seem to be sticking
to the rules for example www.gradwell.com, www.voip.co.uk, www.voiptalk.org,
www.tescointernetphone.com, www.timico.co.uk, www.skype.com

I'm quite confused as to why these regulations are being ignored by
the vast majority of VoIP providers is there not some sort of
regulatory body that is supposed to ensure that these rules and
regulations are adhered to or is it only offcom ? In addition, how can
these new laws just be ignored?

Can anyone shed any light on this for me?

Tom

Old June 2nd 07, 02:52 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
News Reader

wrote in message
oups.com...
I am aware that new regulation for the VoIP industry came in to force
on the 29th of this month yet I have only been able to find 2
providers that seem to be adhering to these new laws www.vonage.co.uk
and www.voipfone.co.uk this limits my options unless I am repaired to
take a chance on one of the companies that would seem to be sticking
to the rules for example www.gradwell.com, www.voip.co.uk,
www.voiptalk.org,
www.tescointernetphone.com, www.timico.co.uk, www.skype.com

I'm quite confused as to why these regulations are being ignored by
the vast majority of VoIP providers is there not some sort of
regulatory body that is supposed to ensure that these rules and
regulations are adhered to or is it only offcom ? In addition, how can
these new laws just be ignored?

Can anyone shed any light on this for me?

Tom

Hi,

Sounds interesting.

Can you enlighten? ...detail the new laws, their name(s), links to them,
etc.

Thanks and in advance.

Best wishes,

News Reader

Old June 2nd 07, 03:15 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
News Reader

"News Reader" wrote in message

wrote in message
oups.com...
[...]

Hmm... lol...

absently or cursorily noted that their appeared to be or might have been
more than one thread with the same title here... but was working in reverse
date order... lol ... that doesn't always work - lol

Thanks,

News Reader