providers and voip regulations

Old May 31st 07, 02:48 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip

Default providers and voip regulations

Afternoon I hope that someone on here could answer a couple of
questions for me

Either I am being dumb or I am completely missing something I have
been considering moving the telecoms for my business and home over to
VoIP for a while now and have spent the last month or so doing a lot
of reading and trying to weigh up what provider is going to be best
for me.

I am aware that new regulation for the VoIP industry came in to force
on the 29th of this month yet I have only been able to find 2
providers that seem to be adhering to these new laws www.vonage.co.uk
and www.voipfone.co.uk this limits my options unless I am repaired to
take a chance on one of the companies that would seem to be NOT
Sticking to the rules for example www.gradwell.com, www.voip.co.uk,
www.voiptalk.org, www.tescointernetphone.com, www.timico.co.uk, www.skype.com

I'm quite confused as to why these regulations are being ignored by
the vast majority of VoIP providers is there not some sort of
regulatory body that is supposed to ensure that these rules and
regulations are adhered to or is it only offcom ? In addition, how can
these new laws just be ignored?

Can anyone shed any light on this for me?

Tom

Old May 31st 07, 06:01 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Oldie

In article .com,
wrote:

(snipped)

Can anyone shed any light on this for me?

I'm sure that if you post it a few more times someone will.

Oldie