USB Handset

Old June 1st 07, 09:26 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
RPK

Default USB Handset

Can anyone recommend a USB 2 part handset, with hook switch etc. for use
with X-Lite on Windows Vista.

Thanks

Roger

Old June 1st 07, 09:59 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
{{{{{Welcome}}}}}

RPK wrote:
Can anyone recommend a USB 2 part handset, with hook switch etc. for
use with X-Lite on Windows Vista.

Thanks

Roger

You'll find most people will say they are all pretty much the same -
crap.

http://petitions.pm.gov.uk/230volt

Old June 2nd 07, 03:26 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
News Reader

"{{{{{Welcome}}}}}" wrote in message
.uk...
RPK wrote:
Can anyone recommend a USB 2 part handset, with hook switch etc. for
use with X-Lite on Windows Vista.

Thanks

Roger

You'll find most people will say they are all pretty much the same - crap.

http://petitions.pm.gov.uk/230volt

lol

They probably have their place and use... but generally probably rather
"limited" and "poor quality".

Best wishes,

News Reader

P.s. Still ... beats (I would imagine or seems the case to me) having
something requiring patching into both a soundcard mic input and line
output, etc. If only for simplicity. I have to say I do find original (as in
earlier generation) BT handsets plugged into a RJ10 splitter to dual 3.5mm
connector cables (one for mic and one for line out or equivalent) do produce
a rather outstandingly good audio quality (and the handsets tend to have a
quite nice weighty solid feel)., etc.

Old June 4th 07, 03:08 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Lee

"RPK" wrote in message
Can anyone recommend a USB 2 part handset, with hook switch etc. for use
with X-Lite on Windows Vista.

Thanks

Roger

Hi I use a regular phone plugged into a USB adaptor from PCphoneline.
http://www.pcphoneline.com/pcphoneline/main.htm

The driver software is a bit clunky but it works fine and you get to use a
"normal" phone handset.

You can get similar adaptors on ebay.

Old June 4th 07, 03:52 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
{{{{{Welcome}}}}}

Lee wrote:
"RPK" wrote in message
Can anyone recommend a USB 2 part handset, with hook switch etc. for
use with X-Lite on Windows Vista.

Thanks

Roger

Hi I use a regular phone plugged into a USB adaptor from
PCphoneline. http://www.pcphoneline.com/pcphoneline/main.htm

The driver software is a bit clunky but it works fine and you get to
use a "normal" phone handset.

You can get similar adaptors on ebay.

If you have a router, you can use a device like the Linksys PAP2, and
connect a regular phone DECT or corded, not have any drivers to worry
about and use VoIP without the need of a computer being switched on.

http://search.ebay.co.uk/search/sear...7&satitle=PAP2

http://petitions.pm.gov.uk/230volt

Old June 4th 07, 05:29 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
RPK

Thanks for the suggestion, which is what I have at home, but the USB handset
is required for use in hotels etc.

Thanks anyway

Roger

"{{{{{Welcome}}}}}" wrote in message
. uk...

Old June 4th 07, 05:55 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
RH

"RPK" wrote in message
Thanks for the suggestion, which is what I have at home, but the USB
handset is required for use in hotels etc.
Thanks anyway

I use a 10 tesco USB phone, works great while travelling and great for
SKYPE when at home