VOIP and skype

Old June 6th 07, 11:58 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
PA

Default VOIP and skype

Hi all,

I think I might be looking for something that does not exist.

I am buying a new router wireless VOIP, I am thinking on FRITZ 7050. But I
was wondering if there is any router that allows for VOIP and skype, where
if someone calls me on my skype in number the phone will ring even if the
computer is not on.

Thanks a million

Old June 6th 07, 09:27 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Glenallan

"PA" alves###[email protected]#com wrote in message
Hi all,

I think I might be looking for something that does not exist.

I am buying a new router wireless VOIP, I am thinking on FRITZ 7050. But I
was wondering if there is any router that allows for VOIP and skype, where
if someone calls me on my skype in number the phone will ring even if the
computer is not on.

Thanks a million

Invent it.!!
I work away from home all week and
my wife is not computer savvy.
I was looking for a device that would allow
Skype calls but did not require computer access
or computer to be on.
I asked at Comet and PC World.
No Luck.!!

Old June 6th 07, 10:12 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
alexd

PA wrote:

Hi all,

I think I might be looking for something that does not exist.

There don't seem to be any Skype ATAs, mostly because using a Skype buddy
list with a 12 button analogue phone would be a bit of a chew.

I am buying a new router wireless VOIP, I am thinking on FRITZ 7050. But I
was wondering if there is any router that allows for VOIP and skype, where
if someone calls me on my skype in number the phone will ring even if the
computer is not on.

Do yourself a favour - get a free number from Sipgate and forget about your
Skype in number. You can then use it with your [probably multi-account]
Fritzbox regardless of who you place your calls with.

Thanks a million

There are wireless Skype handsets that don't require your PC to be on to
work, but they're not cheap. Most of them were ~100 last time I looked. I
even saw one in the Misco catalogue; it said "Free internet calls for
life!", next to the price of 169, ex-VAT. Just imagine how many VoIP
minutes you could buy for 170!

--
http://ale.cx/ (AIM:troffasky) )
21:04:55 up 38 days, 23:06, 2 users, load average: 0.50, 0.62, 0.81

Old June 7th 07, 08:47 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
PA

Thanks for the info!

As to the voip device. any advice? I was thinking of the fritz 7050, but now
I am looking for something with an usb2.0 port would be great and also
multi-account?

PA

Old June 7th 07, 11:05 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Brian

On 2007-06-06, PA alves###[email protected]#com wrote:

Hi all,

I think I might be looking for something that does not exist.

I am buying a new router wireless VOIP, I am thinking on FRITZ 7050. But I
was wondering if there is any router that allows for VOIP and skype, where
if someone calls me on my skype in number the phone will ring even if the
computer is not on.

Thanks a million

Not quite what you are looking for but the Dualphone 3088 doesn't depend
on an online computer. If you bought it from Ebuyer you would need to
increase your budget planning costs by 80 GBP.

Brian.