What's this Asterisk all about ?

Old June 6th 07, 02:46 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Stephen Hammond

Default What's this Asterisk all about ?

I'm confused?
Stephen

--

Lift share day 14th June www.liftshare.org

Old June 6th 07, 02:59 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Adrian

Stephen Hammond ) gurgled happily, sounding much
like they were saying :

I'm confused?

http://www.asterisk.org/

Think old-style phone system/PABX - but open-source software VoIP.
Old June 6th 07, 03:46 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Desk Rabbit

Stephen Hammond wrote:
I'm confused?
Stephen

What's your question?
Old June 7th 07, 10:21 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Graham

"Stephen Hammond" wrote in message
I'm confused?
Stephen

I ran an Asterisk at Home box for over a year, and it did perform some
cute tricks, but to be honest I couldn't really justify the electricity
costs as
its main purpose was account consolidation for the two extensions
plugged into my Linksys PAP2.

So I retired the [email protected] box and moved my accounts to voxalot.com
which is basically a hosted Asterisk server for which someone else
pays the electric bill.

--
Graham.
%Profound_observation%