SipGate - ordering Hardware from then?

Old June 7th 07, 11:15 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Gordon Henderson

Default SipGate - ordering Hardware from then?

Anyone bought any hardwware from SipGate Recently? Did they
deliver? On-time? Any other comments? (No, not about their VoIP service
which I find is is generally OK, I'm just asking about ordering hardware
from them...

Cheers,

Gordon
Old June 7th 07, 02:34 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Ivor Jones

"Gordon Henderson" wrote in message

Anyone bought any hardwware from SipGate Recently? Did
they
deliver? On-time? Any other comments? (No, not about
their VoIP service which I find is is generally OK, I'm
just asking about ordering hardware from them...

Not for a while, but had my Fritz!Box from them which was very prompt.
ISTR they use UPS.

Ivor

Old June 7th 07, 11:16 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Bill Taylor

On Thu, 7 Jun 2007 14:35:19 +0100, "Ivor Jones"
wrote:

"Bill Taylor" wrote in message

On 07 Jun 2007 10:15:26 GMT, (Gordon
Henderson) wrote:

Anyone bought any hardwware from SipGate Recently? Did
they
deliver? On-time? Any other comments? (No, not about
their VoIP service which I find is is generally OK, I'm
just asking about ordering hardware from them...

Bought a Fritzbox 7140 from them in January, Arrived OK
with no untoward delay..

(I have my doubts about the quality of the Fritzbox ADSL
modem, but that's not Sipgates fault.

What's the problem with it..? I've had my original Fritz (not the wireless
one) for a while and no untoward problems. AVM tech support are pretty
good, have you asked them..?

Ivor

The problem is that the internet connection is being dropped
intermittently, usually for 20-30 seconds, but sometimes for a few
minutes. It may not be the Fritzbox that's causing it, but I wasn't
aware of a similar problem with the previous modem/router.

It's not really a problem for normal internet access, but it always
seems to happen during a VOIP call, resulting in a dropped line.

I'm currently using a different modem/router to try and find out if it
is the Fritzbox or another problem.

Bill