A Broadband and ADSL forum. BroadbanterBanter

Welcome to BroadbanterBanter.

You are currently viewing as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today.

Go Back   Home » BroadbanterBanter forum » Newsgroup Discussions » uk.telecom.voip (UK VOIP)
Site Map Home Register Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

uk.telecom.voip (UK VOIP) (uk.telecom.voip) Discussion of topics relevant to packet based voice technologies including Voice over IP (VoIP), Fax over IP (FoIP), Voice over Frame Relay (VoFR), Voice over Broadband (VoB) and Voice on the Net (VoN) as well as service providers, hardware and software for use with these technologies. Advertising is not allowed.

Sipura SPA-1001



 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old June 11th 07, 06:33 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
bob garbutt
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 55
Default Sipura SPA-1001

hi,

Anyone using this ATA with the viopcheap.co.uk service? There seems to
be so many settings on this adapter! as anyone got this device
configured to work at it best with this provider, if so would they be
kind enough to post the config for me?

Cheers, Bob
  #2  
Old June 11th 07, 06:46 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
{{{{{Welcome}}}}}
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 908
Default Sipura SPA-1001

bob garbutt wrote:
hi,

Anyone using this ATA with the viopcheap.co.uk service? There seems to
be so many settings on this adapter! as anyone got this device
configured to work at it best with this provider, if so would they be
kind enough to post the config for me?

Cheers, Bob


This is what I have for a Linksys PAP2, should find similar settings:

Under Regional Tab.

Dial Tone: [email protected],[email protected];60(*/0/1+2)
Second Dial Tone: [email protected],[email protected];10(*/0/1+2)
Outside Dial Tone: [email protected];10(*/0/1)
Prompt Tone: [email protected],[email protected];10(*/0/1+2)
Busy Tone: /1)
Reorder Tone: [email protected];20(*/0/1)
Off Hook Warning Tone: /1+2)
Ring Back Tone: /2/1+2)
Confirm Tone: /1)
SIT1 Tone:
/0/3,0/1/0)
SIT2 Tone:
/0/3,0/4/0)
SIT3 Tone:
/0/3,0/4/0)
SIT4 Tone:
/0/3,0/4/0)
MWI Dial Tone: /1+2)
Cfwd Dial Tone: /1+2);10(*/0/1+2)
DND Dial Tone: /2);10(*/0/1+2)
Holding Tone: /1)
Conference Tone: /1)
Secure Call Indication Tone: /2)
Feature Invocation Tone: /1)

Ring1 Cadence: 60(.4/.2,.4/2)
Ring2 Cadence: 60(1/2)
Ring3 Cadence: 60(.25/.25,.25/.25,.25/1.75)

....

CWT1 Cadence: 30(.2/.2,.2/4.4)

Ring Waveform: Sinusoid (though Trapezoid may help problematic phones to
ring).
Ring Frequency: 25
Ring Voltage: 80 (You can use 70, if problems try 75, 80, 85, 90)
CWT Frequency: [email protected]
Synchronized Ring: Yes

Hook Flash Timer Min: .06
Hook Flash Timer Max: .2
Callee On Hook Delay: 0
Reorder Delay: 5
Call Back Expires: 1800
Call Back Retry Intvl: 30
Call Back Delay: .5
VMWI Refresh Intvl: 0
Interdigit Long Timer: 10
Interdigit Short Timer: 3
CPC Delay: .5
CPC Duration: .1

....

Time Zone: GMT
FXS Port Impedance: 370+620||310nF
Daylight Saving Time Rule:
start=3/-1/7/2:0:0;end=10/-1/7/2:0:0;save=1:0:0
DTMF Playback Level: -16
DTMF Playback Length: .25
Caller ID Method: ETSI FSK With PR(UK)
FXS Port Power Limit: 3
Caller ID FSK Standard: v.23
Feature Invocation Method: Default
More Echo Suppression: yes

In Line 1 (or Line 2)

Line Enable: yes
NAT Mapping Enable: yes
NAT Keep Alive Enable: yes
Network Jitter Level: low (Depends on how good your broadband is / route
to VoIP server)
Jitter Buffer Adjustment: Up and Down


Proxy and Registration
Proxy: Your Voip Proxy address (for example sip1.sipdiscount.com or
sip.voipcheap.com or sipgate.co.uk etc)

Subscriber Information - (where you enter your VoIP Account details).

Supplementary Service Subscription - This is where you enable services
such as Call Waiting, 3-Way Calling, block anonymous caller etc)

Audio Configuration - This is where you set-up which codecs you want to
use or only use.
If you have limited broadband speed (mostly if upload is poor) then you
probably only use one or more from G729a, G723 or G726)
If you want the best quality line, then you'd choose G711a (which is the
standard used on a standard line)

(Myself, I use G711a only, have that set to my preferred codec and use
that one only, but you may find other codecs are fine).

DTMF Tx Method: (This will depend on the VoIP service you use, trial and
error and depends on codec) Soon know if it don't work when
try telephone banking for example and it
doesn't recognise what numbers you are pressing).

Hook Flash Tx Method: None

Dial Plan: (This is based on using
VoIpCheap/VoIPStunt/VoIPDiscount/VoIPBuster etc)

(*xx|0|00|0:0044[1-8]xx.|999:00441216874070S0|:0044121[2-8]xxxxxx|xx.)

You will need to modify for you local area code etc...
The number after 999: is the number to dial if you dial 999 - in my
dial plan it is WM Police, the Betamax service doesn't offer 999 calling
so shouldn't be used for emergencies as such, but if someone did dial
999 this would at least route somewhere.

:0044121[2-8]xxxxxx
This allows me to dial local Birmingham numbers without 0121 or 0044121,
you would change 0044121 to your areacode in international format if
using the Betamax services
[2-8] means allow local numbers to begin with any digital between 2 and
8 inc, you may need to change that to 2-9 if local number can start with
a 9
xxxxxx this is the number of digits that remain after the first digit
in the local number for example
809 2222 8 is the first digit and there are 6 digits left in the
number.


--
60 day free DVD rental: www.southeastbirmingham.co.uk/dvd
Mobile Offers: www.southeastbirmingham.co.uk/mob
http://petitions.pm.gov.uk/230volt

  #3  
Old June 11th 07, 06:52 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
bob garbutt
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 55
Default Sipura SPA-1001

{{{{{Welcome}}}}} wrote:
bob garbutt wrote:
hi,

Anyone using this ATA with the viopcheap.co.uk service? There seems to
be so many settings on this adapter! as anyone got this device
configured to work at it best with this provider, if so would they be
kind enough to post the config for me?

Cheers, Bob


This is what I have for a Linksys PAP2, should find similar settings:

Under Regional Tab.

Dial Tone: [email protected],[email protected];60(*/0/1+2)
Second Dial Tone: [email protected],[email protected];10(*/0/1+2)
Outside Dial Tone: [email protected];10(*/0/1)
Prompt Tone: [email protected],[email protected];10(*/0/1+2)
Busy Tone: /1)
Reorder Tone: [email protected];20(*/0/1)
Off Hook Warning Tone: /1+2)
Ring Back Tone: /2/1+2)
Confirm Tone: /1)
SIT1 Tone: /0/3,0/1/0)
SIT2 Tone: /0/3,0/4/0)
SIT3 Tone: /0/3,0/4/0)
SIT4 Tone: /0/3,0/4/0)
MWI Dial Tone: /1+2)
Cfwd Dial Tone: /1+2);10(*/0/1+2)
DND Dial Tone: /2);10(*/0/1+2)
Holding Tone: /1)
Conference Tone: /1)
Secure Call Indication Tone: /2)
Feature Invocation Tone: /1)

Ring1 Cadence: 60(.4/.2,.4/2)
Ring2 Cadence: 60(1/2)
Ring3 Cadence: 60(.25/.25,.25/.25,.25/1.75)

...

CWT1 Cadence: 30(.2/.2,.2/4.4)

Ring Waveform: Sinusoid (though Trapezoid may help problematic phones to
ring).
Ring Frequency: 25
Ring Voltage: 80 (You can use 70, if problems try 75, 80, 85, 90)
CWT Frequency: [email protected]
Synchronized Ring: Yes

Hook Flash Timer Min: .06
Hook Flash Timer Max: .2
Callee On Hook Delay: 0
Reorder Delay: 5
Call Back Expires: 1800
Call Back Retry Intvl: 30
Call Back Delay: .5
VMWI Refresh Intvl: 0
Interdigit Long Timer: 10
Interdigit Short Timer: 3
CPC Delay: .5
CPC Duration: .1

...

Time Zone: GMT
FXS Port Impedance: 370+620||310nF
Daylight Saving Time Rule: start=3/-1/7/2:0:0;end=10/-1/7/2:0:0;save=1:0:0
DTMF Playback Level: -16
DTMF Playback Length: .25
Caller ID Method: ETSI FSK With PR(UK)
FXS Port Power Limit: 3
Caller ID FSK Standard: v.23
Feature Invocation Method: Default
More Echo Suppression: yes

In Line 1 (or Line 2)

Line Enable: yes
NAT Mapping Enable: yes
NAT Keep Alive Enable: yes
Network Jitter Level: low (Depends on how good your broadband is / route
to VoIP server)
Jitter Buffer Adjustment: Up and Down


Proxy and Registration
Proxy: Your Voip Proxy address (for example sip1.sipdiscount.com or
sip.voipcheap.com or sipgate.co.uk etc)

Subscriber Information - (where you enter your VoIP Account details).

Supplementary Service Subscription - This is where you enable services
such as Call Waiting, 3-Way Calling, block anonymous caller etc)

Audio Configuration - This is where you set-up which codecs you want to
use or only use.
If you have limited broadband speed (mostly if upload is poor) then you
probably only use one or more from G729a, G723 or G726)
If you want the best quality line, then you'd choose G711a (which is the
standard used on a standard line)

(Myself, I use G711a only, have that set to my preferred codec and use
that one only, but you may find other codecs are fine).

DTMF Tx Method: (This will depend on the VoIP service you use, trial and
error and depends on codec) Soon know if it don't work when
try telephone banking for example and it
doesn't recognise what numbers you are pressing).

Hook Flash Tx Method: None

Dial Plan: (This is based on using
VoIpCheap/VoIPStunt/VoIPDiscount/VoIPBuster etc)

(*xx|0|00|0:0044[1-8]xx.|999:00441216874070S0|:0044121[2-8]xxxxxx|xx.)


You will need to modify for you local area code etc...
The number after 999: is the number to dial if you dial 999 - in my
dial plan it is WM Police, the Betamax service doesn't offer 999 calling
so shouldn't be used for emergencies as such, but if someone did dial
999 this would at least route somewhere.

:0044121[2-8]xxxxxx
This allows me to dial local Birmingham numbers without 0121 or 0044121,
you would change 0044121 to your areacode in international format if
using the Betamax services
[2-8] means allow local numbers to begin with any digital between 2 and
8 inc, you may need to change that to 2-9 if local number can start with
a 9
xxxxxx this is the number of digits that remain after the first digit
in the local number for example
809 2222 8 is the first digit and there are 6 digits left in the number.


thanks for your help, I'll print this out have a look at my settings, I
want to be able to use voipcheap.co.uk to receive call because I have a
geo number from them for that account and use vopcheap.com to make
outgoing calls, because they offer more free call, what would be the
best way to set that up, want to use my dect phone thats connected to
vonage at the moment
  #4  
Old June 11th 07, 07:09 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Desk Rabbit
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 169
Default Sipura SPA-1001

bob garbutt wrote:
{{{{{Welcome}}}}} wrote:
bob garbutt wrote:


thanks for your help, I'll print this out have a look at my settings, I
want to be able to use voipcheap.co.uk to receive call because I have a
geo number from them for that account and use vopcheap.com to make
outgoing calls, because they offer more free call, what would be the
best way to set that up, want to use my dect phone thats connected to
vonage at the moment


Careful Bob. You mentioned three different companies in that message.
Ivor will be after you for spamming ;-)
  #5  
Old June 11th 07, 09:06 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
{{{{{Welcome}}}}}
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 908
Default Sipura SPA-1001

bob garbutt wrote:
{{{{{Welcome}}}}} wrote:
bob garbutt wrote:
hi,

Anyone using this ATA with the viopcheap.co.uk service? There seems
to be so many settings on this adapter! as anyone got this device
configured to work at it best with this provider, if so would they
be kind enough to post the config for me?

Cheers, Bob


This is what I have for a Linksys PAP2, should find similar settings:

Under Regional Tab.

Dial Tone: [email protected],[email protected];60(*/0/1+2)
Second Dial Tone: [email protected],[email protected];10(*/0/1+2)
Outside Dial Tone: [email protected];10(*/0/1)
Prompt Tone: [email protected],[email protected];10(*/0/1+2)
Busy Tone: /1)
Reorder Tone: [email protected];20(*/0/1)
Off Hook Warning Tone: /1+2)
Ring Back Tone: /2/1+2)
Confirm Tone: /1)
SIT1 Tone:
/0/3,0/1/0) SIT2
Tone: /0/3,0/4/0)
SIT3 Tone:
/0/3,0/4/0) SIT4
Tone: /0/3,0/4/0)
MWI Dial Tone: /1+2) Cfwd Dial Tone:
/1+2);10(*/0/1+2)
DND Dial Tone: /2);10(*/0/1+2)
Holding Tone: /1)
Conference Tone: /1)
Secure Call Indication Tone:
/2) Feature Invocation Tone:
/1) Ring1 Cadence: 60(.4/.2,.4/2)
Ring2 Cadence: 60(1/2)
Ring3 Cadence: 60(.25/.25,.25/.25,.25/1.75)

...

CWT1 Cadence: 30(.2/.2,.2/4.4)

Ring Waveform: Sinusoid (though Trapezoid may help problematic
phones to ring).
Ring Frequency: 25
Ring Voltage: 80 (You can use 70, if problems try 75, 80, 85, 90)
CWT Frequency: [email protected]
Synchronized Ring: Yes

Hook Flash Timer Min: .06
Hook Flash Timer Max: .2
Callee On Hook Delay: 0
Reorder Delay: 5
Call Back Expires: 1800
Call Back Retry Intvl: 30
Call Back Delay: .5
VMWI Refresh Intvl: 0
Interdigit Long Timer: 10
Interdigit Short Timer: 3
CPC Delay: .5
CPC Duration: .1

...

Time Zone: GMT
FXS Port Impedance: 370+620||310nF
Daylight Saving Time Rule:
start=3/-1/7/2:0:0;end=10/-1/7/2:0:0;save=1:0:0 DTMF Playback Level:
-16 DTMF Playback Length: .25
Caller ID Method: ETSI FSK With PR(UK)
FXS Port Power Limit: 3
Caller ID FSK Standard: v.23
Feature Invocation Method: Default
More Echo Suppression: yes

In Line 1 (or Line 2)

Line Enable: yes
NAT Mapping Enable: yes
NAT Keep Alive Enable: yes
Network Jitter Level: low (Depends on how good your broadband is /
route to VoIP server)
Jitter Buffer Adjustment: Up and Down


Proxy and Registration
Proxy: Your Voip Proxy address (for example sip1.sipdiscount.com or
sip.voipcheap.com or sipgate.co.uk etc)

Subscriber Information - (where you enter your VoIP Account details).

Supplementary Service Subscription - This is where you enable
services such as Call Waiting, 3-Way Calling, block anonymous caller
etc) Audio Configuration - This is where you set-up which codecs you
want
to use or only use.
If you have limited broadband speed (mostly if upload is poor) then
you probably only use one or more from G729a, G723 or G726)
If you want the best quality line, then you'd choose G711a (which is
the standard used on a standard line)

(Myself, I use G711a only, have that set to my preferred codec and
use that one only, but you may find other codecs are fine).

DTMF Tx Method: (This will depend on the VoIP service you use, trial
and error and depends on codec) Soon know if it don't work when
try telephone banking for example and it
doesn't recognise what numbers you are pressing).

Hook Flash Tx Method: None

Dial Plan: (This is based on using
VoIpCheap/VoIPStunt/VoIPDiscount/VoIPBuster etc)

(*xx|0|00|0:0044[1-8]xx.|999:00441216874070S0|:0044121[2-8]xxxxxx|xx.)


You will need to modify for you local area code etc...
The number after 999: is the number to dial if you dial 999 - in my
dial plan it is WM Police, the Betamax service doesn't offer 999
calling so shouldn't be used for emergencies as such, but if someone
did dial 999 this would at least route somewhere.

:0044121[2-8]xxxxxx
This allows me to dial local Birmingham numbers without 0121 or
0044121, you would change 0044121 to your areacode in international
format if using the Betamax services
[2-8] means allow local numbers to begin with any digital between 2
and 8 inc, you may need to change that to 2-9 if local number can
start with a 9
xxxxxx this is the number of digits that remain after the first
digit in the local number for example
809 2222 8 is the first digit and there are 6 digits left in the
number.

thanks for your help, I'll print this out have a look at my settings,
I want to be able to use voipcheap.co.uk to receive call because I
have a geo number from them for that account and use vopcheap.com to
make outgoing calls, because they offer more free call, what would be
the best way to set that up, want to use my dect phone thats
connected to vonage at the moment



Afraid I've only set-up PAP2s, though I'm sure someone will be along
shortly with details as the SPAs are a popular device.


--
60 day free DVD rental: www.southeastbirmingham.co.uk/dvd
Mobile Offers: www.southeastbirmingham.co.uk/mob
http://petitions.pm.gov.uk/230volt

  #6  
Old June 11th 07, 11:52 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Brian
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 308
Default Sipura SPA-1001

On 2007-06-11, {{{{{Welcome}}}}} wrote:

bob garbutt wrote:
thanks for your help, I'll print this out have a look at my settings,
I want to be able to use voipcheap.co.uk to receive call because I
have a geo number from them for that account and use vopcheap.com to
make outgoing calls, because they offer more free call, what would be
the best way to set that up, want to use my dect phone thats
connected to vonage at the moment



Afraid I've only set-up PAP2s, though I'm sure someone will be along
shortly with details as the SPAs are a popular device.


I've never used one of these either but setting the two lines up does
not appear too dissimilar to a PAP2. There is a guide at

http://www.jmgtechnology.com.au/spa_1001_guide.pdf

which looks very useful.

Brian.
  #7  
Old June 12th 07, 01:54 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Ivor Jones
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 3,969
Default Sipura SPA-1001



"Desk Rabbit" wrote in message

bob garbutt wrote:
{{{{{Welcome}}}}} wrote:
bob garbutt wrote:


thanks for your help, I'll print this out have a look
at my settings, I want to be able to use
voipcheap.co.uk to receive call because I have a geo
number from them for that account and use vopcheap.com
to make outgoing calls, because they offer more free
call, what would be the best way to set that up, want
to use my dect phone thats connected to vonage at the
moment


Careful Bob. You mentioned three different companies in
that message. Ivor will be after you for spamming ;-)


Oh do shut up. Just mentioning a company isn't spamming, only promoting a
company you work for is.

Ivor


  #8  
Old June 12th 07, 01:55 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Ivor Jones
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 3,969
Default Sipura SPA-1001



wrote in message

On Mon, 11 Jun 2007 19:09:13 +0100, Desk Rabbit
wrote:

bob garbutt wrote:
{{{{{Welcome}}}}} wrote:
bob garbutt wrote:


thanks for your help, I'll print this out have a look
at my settings, I want to be able to use
voipcheap.co.uk to receive call because I have a geo
number from them for that account and use
vopcheap.com to make outgoing calls, because they
offer more free call, what would be the best way to
set that up, want to use my dect phone thats
connected to vonage at the moment


Careful Bob. You mentioned three different companies in
that message. Ivor will be after you for spamming ;-)

Time Ivor went and played with his fuddyduddy radio ham
chums and greasy oily biker chums and left this forum to
people who are not complaining about spammers every other
day .


Tell me Ron, do you write your own posts or does your mummy write them for
you..?

Ivor


  #9  
Old June 12th 07, 01:56 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Ivor Jones
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 3,969
Default Sipura SPA-1001

"Brian" wrote in message


[snip]

I've never used one of these either but setting the two
lines up does
not appear too dissimilar to a PAP2. There is a guide at

http://www.jmgtechnology.com.au/spa_1001_guide.pdf

which looks very useful.

Brian.


I've never used a PAP2 but from what I can tell they're almost identical
in setup to a Sipura SPA-2000.

Ivor


  #10  
Old June 12th 07, 09:48 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
bob garbutt
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 55
Default Sipura SPA-1001

Ivor Jones wrote:
"Brian" wrote in message


[snip]

I've never used one of these either but setting the two
lines up does
not appear too dissimilar to a PAP2. There is a guide at

http://www.jmgtechnology.com.au/spa_1001_guide.pdf

which looks very useful.

Brian.


I've never used a PAP2 but from what I can tell they're almost identical
in setup to a Sipura SPA-2000.

Ivor


thanks everyone for your help, I'll have a go at setting it up and get
back to you if I have any problems, I'm not used to having to configure
anything, been using plug and go devices up till now, but I'm sure this
will be much better in the long term,

regards, Bob
 




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
SPA-1001 Tim uk.telecom.voip (UK VOIP) 10 April 22nd 07 10:08 PM
Anyone got SIPBroker working on Sipura SPA 1001? Chris Tomlinson uk.telecom.voip (UK VOIP) 11 June 7th 06 10:16 AM
A solution: Multiple outgoing providers from a single handset on an ATA. eg. linksys / sipura PAP2, SPA-1001 etc. Brian A uk.telecom.voip (UK VOIP) 0 May 22nd 06 09:32 PM
Sipura 1001 [email protected] uk.telecom.voip (UK VOIP) 7 October 25th 05 06:25 PM


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 09:45 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 2.4.0
Copyright 2004-2019 BroadbanterBanter.
The comments are property of their posters.