Voip on Tiscali broadband ?

Old June 13th 07, 10:51 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Brian A

Default Voip on Tiscali broadband ?

Does anyone know if there are any negative issues re using SIP voip
on Tiscali broadband and, if so, what are they?

Remove 'no_spam_' from email address.

Get your friends to sign too!
TV.
Old June 13th 07, 05:24 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Nick

"Brian A" wrote in message
Does anyone know if there are any negative issues re using SIP voip
on Tiscali broadband and, if so, what are they?

Remove 'no_spam_' from email address.

Get your friends to sign too!
TV.

Isn't everything negative regarding Tiscali broadband?

Old June 13th 07, 07:11 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Brian A

On Wed, 13 Jun 2007 16:24:29 GMT, "Nick"
wrote:

"Brian A" wrote in message
.. .
Does anyone know if there are any negative issues re using SIP voip
on Tiscali broadband and, if so, what are they?

Remove 'no_spam_' from email address.

Get your friends to sign too!
TV.

Isn't everything negative regarding Tiscali broadband?

You obviously know more than I.
A friend is considering it. They have some good deals atm. I want to
find out about any pitfalls.

Old June 13th 07, 08:37 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Graham

"Brian A" wrote in message
Does anyone know if there are any negative issues re using SIP voip
on Tiscali broadband and, if so, what are they?

Remove 'no_spam_' from email address.

Get your friends to sign too!
TV.

I don't usually admit to this publicly, but I am with Tiscali Broadband ;-)
Actually I don't have problems with VoIP, I often have two G711
calls going in adition to other stuff, and rarely get problems.

The problem I have had recently with Tiscali, is that the buggers kept
on blocking port 119 in the evenings. They would not give me
an explanation as to why this was happening, nor would they
be drawn on whether or not my account was subject to FUP
restrictions. I only use text Newsgroups, honest.

The Usenet issue *seems* to have been resolved now.

--
Graham.
%Profound_observation%

Old June 13th 07, 10:19 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Brian A

On Wed, 13 Jun 2007 20:37:24 +0100, "Graham" wrote:

"Brian A" wrote in message
.. .
Does anyone know if there are any negative issues re using SIP voip
on Tiscali broadband and, if so, what are they?

Remove 'no_spam_' from email address.

Get your friends to sign too!
TV.

I don't usually admit to this publicly, but I am with Tiscali Broadband ;-)
Actually I don't have problems with VoIP, I often have two G711
calls going in adition to other stuff, and rarely get problems.

The problem I have had recently with Tiscali, is that the buggers kept
on blocking port 119 in the evenings. They would not give me
an explanation as to why this was happening, nor would they
be drawn on whether or not my account was subject to FUP
restrictions. I only use text Newsgroups, honest.

The Usenet issue *seems* to have been resolved now.

Thanks for your comments Graham.

Old June 14th 07, 02:35 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Peter Parker

On Jun 13, 10:51 am, Brian A wrote:

Does anyone know if there are any negative issues re using SIP voip
on Tiscali broadband and, if so, what are they?

No problems this end. Currently using two sip lines on my Tiscali max
service. Works very well.