Asterisk - Alter outgoing caller ID with BT

Old June 14th 07, 05:33 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Gareth Evans

Default Asterisk - Alter outgoing caller ID with BT

Is it possible to change the outgoing caller ID with asterisk using a
BT line? Basically I want outgoing calls to appear as though they are
originating from my mobile.

Gareth

Old June 14th 07, 06:30 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Gordon Henderson

In article .com,
Gareth Evans wrote:
Is it possible to change the outgoing caller ID with asterisk using a
BT line? Basically I want outgoing calls to appear as though they are
originating from my mobile.

If it's a BT analogue line, then the answer is no...

Why not connect your asterisk box up to a SIP provider and ask them to
change outgoing caller ID for you? It might even (probably will!) be
cheaper to make calls that way too..

Gordon
Old June 14th 07, 10:10 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Jono

Gareth Evans used his keyboard to write :
Is it possible to change the outgoing caller ID with asterisk using a
BT line? Basically I want outgoing calls to appear as though they are
originating from my mobile.

Gareth

You can ask BT to provide you with this service - it's called
Presentation Number. Only available on a business lines. 60 set up and
a quarterly rental I can't remember.

Why don't you do as GH suggests & use a VoIP provider? Voipcheap.com &
other Betamax clones allow you to set your own 07/0870/01/02 number as
your presentation numer - best of all, there's no charge.