Mitel 3300 MX Controller - anyone here use them?

Old June 18th 07, 10:49 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Jon

Default Mitel 3300 MX Controller - anyone here use them?

We've got one of these in my place of work running 2 5207 (might be
5027) IP phones. We had a power cut yesterday and the system has not
recovered.

There are 3 alarm lights on the controller: minor, major and critical
and they are all blinking red. The displays on the handsets is stuck on
"DHCP: Discovery"

These are not supported by IT anymore as they are no longer used for
incoming or outgoing calls, only intercom between the handsets. In terms
of fixing it I'm on my own!

The reset button on the front has not done anything. Even some
documentation would be start.

Cheers for any advice (not including go buy some walkie-talkies!)
--
Regards
Jon
Old June 18th 07, 11:05 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Linker3000

Jon wrote:
We've got one of these in my place of work running 2 5207 (might be
5027) IP phones. We had a power cut yesterday and the system has not
recovered.

There are 3 alarm lights on the controller: minor, major and critical
and they are all blinking red. The displays on the handsets is stuck on
"DHCP: Discovery"

These are not supported by IT anymore as they are no longer used for
incoming or outgoing calls, only intercom between the handsets. In terms
of fixing it I'm on my own!

The reset button on the front has not done anything. Even some
documentation would be start.

Cheers for any advice (not including go buy some walkie-talkies!)

Good starting point:

http://edocs.mitel.com/default.htm

Hope this helps.

Old June 18th 07, 11:26 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
alexd

Jon wrote:

We've got one of these in my place of work running 2 5207 (might be
5027) IP phones. We had a power cut yesterday and the system has not
recovered.

There are 3 alarm lights on the controller: minor, major and critical
and they are all blinking red.

Doesn't sound good, although they'll flash an alarm even if it's just an IP
trunk that's off.

The displays on the handsets is stuck on "DHCP: Discovery"

These are not supported by IT anymore as they are no longer used for
incoming or outgoing calls, only intercom between the handsets. In terms
of fixing it I'm on my own!

The reset button on the front has not done anything.

Any idea what the IP address is/was? Default web interfaces creds are
system/password. There's also telnet [to VxWorks] on port 23 and SSL telnet
[to the Mitel software] on 2002. Have you tried plugging a serial cable in?

Even some documentation would be start.

Even if you do manage to log in to edocs.mitel.com, I wish you the best of
luck with it. I get the impression that Mitel [compared to Siemens kit and
Asterisk] make their kit deliberately obtuse and difficult to use [for
example, how do you power off a 3300 remotely?]; perhaps it's to keep
the "channel" happy.

Cheers for any advice (not including go buy some walkie-talkies!)

I won't mention investigating the possibility of changing the handsets to
SIP mode to use with Asterisk then :-) Sell it on eBay, and buy something
useful with the proceeds, like some SIP handsets that can make peer to peer
calls, for example. Marginally better than walkie-talkies :-)

--
http://ale.cx/ (AIM:troffasky) )
22:10:22 up 51 days, 12 min, 2 users, load average: 0.23, 0.17, 0.17

Old June 19th 07, 07:27 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Jon

declared for all the world to hear...
Good starting point:
http://edocs.mitel.com/default.htm
Hope this helps.

If I had a login for the site it might, but I don't!
--
Regards
Jon
Old June 19th 07, 10:46 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
alexd

alexd wrote:

Jon wrote:

We've got one of these in my place of work running 2 5207 (might be
5027) IP phones. We had a power cut yesterday and the system has not
recovered.

There are 3 alarm lights on the controller: minor, major and critical
and they are all blinking red.

Doesn't sound good, although they'll flash an alarm even if it's just an
IP trunk that's off.

It's just occurred to me that the major alarm lights will flash if the PSTN
trunks are disconnected, and that would correlate with what you said about
only using it as an intercom, ie no need for trunks so you've unplugged it.
So it could be that the alarm lights mean nothing at all :-)

--
http://ale.cx/ (AIM:troffasky) )
09:43:38 up 51 days, 11:45, 2 users, load average: 0.18, 0.36, 0.24

Old June 19th 07, 10:52 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
alexd

Jon wrote:

We've got one of these in my place of work running 2 5207 (might be
5027) IP phones. We had a power cut yesterday and the system has not
recovered.

There are 3 alarm lights on the controller: minor, major and critical
and they are all blinking red. The displays on the handsets is stuck on
"DHCP: Discovery"

Do you know if you were using the 3300 as a DHCP server, or if you had an
external DHCP server programmed up? Bear in mind that the phones in MiNET
mode won't just accept any old DHCP lease; they need stuff like TFTP
server, controller address, etc, in the options.

--
http://ale.cx/ (AIM:troffasky) )
09:48:35 up 51 days, 11:50, 2 users, load average: 0.72, 0.43, 0.29