Unlimited (UK) Calls VoIP Packages

« SPA-1001 | voxalot »

Old June 19th 07, 03:32 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
News Reader

Default Unlimited (UK) Calls VoIP Packages

Hi,

Can anyone advise providers of unlimited (must include the UK) VoIP calls
packages (and their prices)?

I am thinking essentially other than Vonage (and not limited like Betamax
voipcheap.com, etc. [300 minutes rolling per week limit), etc.

Thanks in advance and best wishes,

News Reader

P.s. Their seem to be a lot of PSTN providers offering this but I have not
found many on the VoIP side.

Old June 19th 07, 08:10 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
acdeag

"News Reader" wrote in message

Hi,

Can anyone advise providers of unlimited (must include the UK) VoIP calls
packages (and their prices)?

I am thinking essentially other than Vonage (and not limited like Betamax
voipcheap.com, etc. [300 minutes rolling per week limit), etc.

Thanks in advance and best wishes,

News Reader

P.s. Their seem to be a lot of PSTN providers offering this but I have not
found many on the VoIP side.

www.voip.co.uk do not offer unlimited in the daytime, but they only charge a
flat 2p per call and evening and weekend calls are free. They charge either
2 per month or 19.99 per year.

Old June 20th 07, 12:06 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
News Reader

wrote in message
On Tue, 19 Jun 2007 18:10:10 GMT, "acdeag"
wrote:

but they only charge a
flat 2p per call

Up to 1 hours duration .

Hi,

Thanks.

I am however hoping for 24/7 unlimited. Something permitting pick up and use
(without the need for consideration) (i.e. high use all times of day, etc.).

Best wishes,

News Reader

Old June 20th 07, 08:07 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Jon Farmer

News Reader wrote:

I am however hoping for 24/7 unlimited. Something permitting pick up and use
(without the need for consideration) (i.e. high use all times of day, etc.).

Hope Springs Eternal

Regards

Jon
Old June 20th 07, 02:03 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
News Reader

"Jon Farmer" wrote in message
News Reader wrote:

I am however hoping for 24/7 unlimited. Something permitting pick up and
use
(without the need for consideration) (i.e. high use all times of day,
etc.).

Hope Springs Eternal

Regards

Jon

lol...

[ it springs reality on the PSTN as well ]

Best wishes,

News Reader

Old June 22nd 07, 07:42 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
GymRatZ

News Reader wrote:
Hi,

Can anyone advise providers of unlimited (must include the UK) VoIP calls
packages (and their prices)?

I am thinking essentially other than Vonage (and not limited like Betamax
voipcheap.com, etc. [300 minutes rolling per week limit), etc.

Thanks in advance and best wishes,

FWIW...
I have been using voipcheap.com for business and home calls on the same
account since last November or so and have yet to hit the 300 minutes in
7 days restriction. besides which, even if hit, the calls would still be
extremely cheap.

Free minutes never run out as mobile calls use most of the credit (which
again they have to be the cheapest for calling UK mobiles)

Even with a PSTN line you are always going to have to pay for mobile
calls regardless of which package you are on unless the likes of Orange
give you free calling to orange mobile numbers (?) but onange is only
one of many mobile operatives.

and... it seems pretty much everyone gives a mobile number as their
primary contact number these days so what you are after will as far as I
can see, never happen not now, not ever.

Thing with the likes of voipcheap.com is there is no cost for setting up
an account and no cost if you never use it again so it's well worth
trying. what have you to lose?

Cheers
Pete
--
http://www.gymratz.co.uk
Gym Equipment, Fitness Equipment & Nutrition
Old June 25th 07, 06:27 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
News Reader

"GymRatZ" wrote in message
News Reader wrote:
[...]

I am broadly with you on this.

Personally for mobile calling I think I would generally try and avoid that
full stop, or use a package with inclusive minutes from a mobile operator
for that side of things.

Voipcheap is generally very good - I just prefer the confidence and
convenience of knowing you don't have to worry about or monitor your usage
to discover when you have gone past x minutes, or y threshold, etc.

Perhaps you don't tend to use the phone to much. Personally, I find it
frequently easy to have a series of 20 - 40 minute calls per day (calling,
queuing, on hold, etc., etc.). And that is being conservative and excluding
other calls that would be made were they not metered.

Best wishes,

News Reader

P.s. I am sure it will come along - I am just stunned it is not their yet.
PSTN market rate for unlimited calls seems to be about 5 per month now
which I find pretty reasonable. If that can be achieved on PSTN then VoIP
shouldn't need to be more than 3/4 ish. Their was Globe7 doing this VERY
briefly - $5 unlimited to various countries per month. I would imagine their
are others... or at least will be. I am think I am really just looking for
convenience with value - something you don't have to monitor etc., to
frequently. Voipcheap - you have to top-up every now and then, watch
minutes, watch changing permitted destinations, etc., etc. and seems a bit
dear to me - 10 minimum qualifying top-up. Their is or was, a route
permitting this for about 1 but it is a bit of a faff.

Old June 27th 07, 01:27 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
andy

On Jun 25, 5:27 pm, "News Reader" wrote:
"GymRatZ" wrote in message

News Reader wrote:
[...]

permitting this for about 1 but it is a bit of a faff.- Hide quoted text -

10 euros + vat for VC actually, and will give you free calls for 120
days so 3 a month if you don't spend the credit on any other calls

If you expect to flirt with the 300 minutes a week, though it can be
more, you could use 18185 for a few long UK-bound calls