spa 101

Old June 19th 07, 05:36 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
bob garbutt

Default spa 101

hi there,

Got most of the settings now working and also done a firmware upgrade,
now get a uk type rining tone after dialing, but If I dial the number to
which the ata is attached I get hear a USA type ringing tone, what do I
have to change to make it uk?

Bob
Old June 19th 07, 06:13 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
{{{{{Welcome}}}}}

bob garbutt wrote:
hi there,

Got most of the settings now working and also done a firmware upgrade,
now get a uk type rining tone after dialing, but If I dial the number
to which the ata is attached I get hear a USA type ringing tone, what
do I have to change to make it uk?

Bob

If you are using VoIPcheap, VoIP Stunt etc then there is nothing you can
change to alter it from a continental ring tone as it's not your ATA
creating this tone.

Though if you are happy to have a different number, you can get around
this, email for details.

My callers have no problem with the continental tone.

http://petitions.pm.gov.uk/230volt

Old June 20th 07, 11:14 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
bob garbutt

{{{{{Welcome}}}}} wrote:
bob garbutt wrote:
hi there,

Got most of the settings now working and also done a firmware upgrade,
now get a uk type rining tone after dialing, but If I dial the number
to which the ata is attached I get hear a USA type ringing tone, what
do I have to change to make it uk?

Bob

If you are using VoIPcheap, VoIP Stunt etc then there is nothing you can
change to alter it from a continental ring tone as it's not your ATA
creating this tone.

Though if you are happy to have a different number, you can get around
this, email for details.

My callers have no problem with the continental tone.

well a mate using another type ata does not have a continental ring tone
when I call him!
Old June 20th 07, 01:59 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
{{{{{Welcome}}}}}

bob garbutt wrote:
{{{{{Welcome}}}}} wrote:
bob garbutt wrote:
hi there,

Got most of the settings now working and also done a firmware
upgrade, now get a uk type rining tone after dialing, but If I dial
the number to which the ata is attached I get hear a USA type
ringing tone, what do I have to change to make it uk?

Bob

If you are using VoIPcheap, VoIP Stunt etc then there is nothing you
can change to alter it from a continental ring tone as it's not your
ATA creating this tone.

Though if you are happy to have a different number, you can get
around this, email for details.

My callers have no problem with the continental tone.

well a mate using another type ata does not have a continental ring
tone when I call him!

Is this call using the original number issued, or another number pointed
to the service.

The ringing tone you hear when you use a mobile or landline to call that
number is not generated by the ATA either end.

Old June 20th 07, 02:03 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
{{{{{Welcome}}}}}

bob garbutt wrote:
{{{{{Welcome}}}}} wrote:
bob garbutt wrote:
hi there,

Got most of the settings now working and also done a firmware
upgrade, now get a uk type rining tone after dialing, but If I dial
the number to which the ata is attached I get hear a USA type
ringing tone, what do I have to change to make it uk?

Bob

If you are using VoIPcheap, VoIP Stunt etc then there is nothing you
can change to alter it from a continental ring tone as it's not your
ATA creating this tone.

Though if you are happy to have a different number, you can get
around this, email for details.

My callers have no problem with the continental tone.

well a mate using another type ata does not have a continental ring
tone when I call him!

Forgot to ask in last reply, is that mate using one of the betamax
services such as VoIPStunt?

Old June 21st 07, 10:28 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
bob garbutt

{{{{{Welcome}}}}} wrote:
bob garbutt wrote:
{{{{{Welcome}}}}} wrote:
bob garbutt wrote:
hi there,

Got most of the settings now working and also done a firmware
upgrade, now get a uk type rining tone after dialing, but If I dial
the number to which the ata is attached I get hear a USA type
ringing tone, what do I have to change to make it uk?

Bob

If you are using VoIPcheap, VoIP Stunt etc then there is nothing you
can change to alter it from a continental ring tone as it's not your
ATA creating this tone.

Though if you are happy to have a different number, you can get
around this, email for details.

My callers have no problem with the continental tone.

well a mate using another type ata does not have a continental ring
tone when I call him!

Forgot to ask in last reply, is that mate using one of the betamax
services such as VoIPStunt?

Opps he is using voipcheap, but as a option on hes ata to forward calls
to hes BT line, that explains why he gets a normal ringing tone, I
suppose I will have to live with it!

Bob