User Friendly Easy To Install Unit For Voip Like Vonage Unit SuggestionsPlease?

Old June 21st 07, 08:52 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip,uk.telecom
Heidy

Default User Friendly Easy To Install Unit For Voip Like Vonage Unit SuggestionsPlease?

Is ebay worth if so what to think is worth investing I am NOT a techie
so do not want to invest in JUNK just from my previous experience if you
buy cheap you buy twice.

Heidy
--
www.swing4ireland.com

Limited Special Offer

www.swinger-personals.co.uk

Old June 22nd 07, 10:53 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip,uk.telecom
Brian A

On Thu, 21 Jun 2007 20:52:28 +0100, Heidy
wrote:

Is ebay worth if so what to think is worth investing I am NOT a techie
so do not want to invest in JUNK just from my previous experience if you
buy cheap you buy twice.

Heidy
--
www.swing4ireland.com

Limited Special Offer

www.swinger-personals.co.uk

I wouldn't advise Ebay if you want to be safe.

I think the best approach would be to buy an ATA from a provider that
was ready set up for use with that provider. HOWEVER, don't buy one
that is locked to that provider. DO CHECK!
You might want to change providers.
So, two things to check with a provider:
1. Is this ATA (Analogue Telephone Adapter) ready set up to your
service?
2. Is it unlocked so I am free to use it with any provider?
You need a 'YES' to both those questions.

You haven't specified what type of calls are important to you.
If you mostly want to make UK calls I'd go here
http://www.voip.co.uk/res_products.html

Other UK providers to look at
voipfone.co.uk
voiptalk.org
If the UK isn't your main destination then you could look at
providers outside the UK and the same advice prevails.
--
Remove 'no_spam_' from email address.

Get your friends to sign too!
TV.