No More Strangers Calling Using "ASTERIX" Technology?

Old June 27th 07, 07:14 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip

Default No More Strangers Calling Using "ASTERIX" Technology?

No More Strangers Calling Using "ASTERIX" Technology?
This is NOT currently available in the UK correct me if I am wrong
here.

Hi what does it cost to implement something like

"No More Strangers

Check out our Telemarketer Block feature to keep out telemarketers and
keep in family & friends. Anonymous Call Block and Do Not Disturb will
make sure the only wake up call you get is from someone you know. You
can even setup Scheduled Do Not Disturb so your phone won't ring
between 11pm and 6am every night!

"Filter" Your Calls

Our Filters let you setup which callers to block and which ones to let
through so you can be sure that if the phone rings, it's someone you
want to talk to. In addition, you can know who's calling just by the
sound of the phone! Cell phones aren't the only ones with Distinctive
Ring. Isn't CallerID useless when it just says "UNAVAILABLE"?
Customize what shows up on your CallerID with our Contact Lists.

Anonymous Call Block with Prompting

With anonymous call blocking, you can prevent anonymous calls from
ringing your phone. You can also give anonymous users the option of
ringing your phone by "revealing their identity". They must enter
their phone number which will then show up on your CallerID display.
Their number will show up as "??5551234567??" with the additional
question marks to let you know that this call was originally anonymous
and we cannot guarantee that the number they entered is really their
phone number.

http://www.voicepulse.com/features/a...CallBlock.aspx

Does implementing something like this involve a huge fianncial
commitent?
Or can it be easily programmed in if you have advanced knowledge of
Asterix?

Thanks,

Heidy

Old June 28th 07, 07:17 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Desk Rabbit

wrote:
No More Strangers Calling Using "ASTERIX" Technology?

snip huge unnecessary quote from link given in posting

http://www.voicepulse.com/features/a...CallBlock.aspx

Does implementing something like this involve a huge fianncial
commitent?

Depends on how much you pay your telephone systems engineer.

Or can it be easily programmed in if you have advanced knowledge of
Asterix?

Even with a basic knowledge this is a simple task. Even simpler if you
use Freepbx to manage Asterisk. All you need to do is set the Privacy
Manger option on the inbound route to "Yes" - Job done.