Please help!!

Old July 2nd 07, 03:53 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Nigel

Default Please help!!

Hi ,
I have a Fritzbox 7170( A german one) Today I tries to update the firmware
and there was a powwer cut in the middle of it!!.
Now when I turn the box on the power light flashes 4 times and then the
power light stays on for about 6 seconds. then all the lights flash after
one another and then the whole process starts again!!

Does any one knows how to do a factory re-set!!! I can't get on the web
interface, so I don't know if it is broken!!!.

Thanks

Nigel
--

Winter and Summer holidays in the alps!!!
www.austrianfamilyholidays.co.uk

Old July 2nd 07, 04:09 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
John Miller

I have a Fritzbox 7170( A german one) Today I tries to update the firmware
and there was a powwer cut in the middle of it!!.

What a timing :-)

Now when I turn the box on the power light flashes 4 times and then the
power light stays on for about 6 seconds. then all the lights flash after
one another and then the whole process starts again!!
Does any one knows how to do a factory re-set!!! I can't get on the web
interface, so I don't know if it is broken!!!.

You need the "recovery" file:
fritz.box_fon_wlan_7170.04.29.recover-image.exe

It is somewhere on ftp://ftp.avm.de/fritz.box but I can't find it at the
moment (I can email it to you, because it's already for a while on my
harddisk).

Give your PC a fixed address of 192.168.178.10, subnet 255.255.255.0, 10
Mbps half-duplex, and connect it to LAN 1. Disable your software firewall,
and start the recovery program. It will instruct to turn off/turn on the
Fritz!box, and then it should reload the firmware.

That should work, normally.

Old July 2nd 07, 04:10 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Nigel

Thanks John,

Please could you e-mail me the file,

Nigel at austrianfmailyholidays.co.uk

Thnk you very much

Old July 2nd 07, 04:16 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Nigel

Its ok John -I have found it.

Old July 2nd 07, 04:26 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
John Miller

Please could you e-mail me the file,
Nigel at austrianfmailyholidays.co.uk
www.austrianfamilyholidays.co.uk

At first, your email address didn't work... then I saw the typo because you
also wrote the URL of your website But now, I get "message size 7394506
exceeds size limit". It seems your mailserver doesn't want to accept this
filesize...

But... I found it back on AVM's FTP!

ftp://ftp.avm.de/fritz.box/fritzbox....over-image.exe

Good luck!

Old July 2nd 07, 05:47 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Nigel

Thanks for your help. Everything is back to normal and I didn't even have to
put all my settings in.