Cheapest VOIP to UK mobiles?

Old July 4th 07, 08:48 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Brian

Default Cheapest VOIP to UK mobiles?

Which VOIP provider has the cheapest calls to UK mobiles?

TIA.
Old July 4th 07, 11:16 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Brian A

On Wed, 04 Jul 2007 06:48:53 GMT, Brian wrote:

Which VOIP provider has the cheapest calls to UK mobiles?

TIA.

Peak times : voipcheap.com
Not sure about off peak...voip.co.uk charge 5p/min at the weekends -
not earth shattering is it!
You can always access 18185 via an 0808 but that isn't really voip is
it.
---
Remove 'no_spam_' from email address.

Get your friends to sign too!
TV.
---
Old July 4th 07, 11:27 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Brian

On Wed, 04 Jul 2007 09:16:07 GMT, Brian A
wrote:

On Wed, 04 Jul 2007 06:48:53 GMT, Brian wrote:

Which VOIP provider has the cheapest calls to UK mobiles?

TIA.

Peak times : voipcheap.com
Not sure about off peak...voip.co.uk charge 5p/min at the weekends -
not earth shattering is it!

The best yet I think. Looks like they're that rate at all times.

You can always access 18185 via an 0808 but that isn't really voip is
it.

and it's awfully long winded having to dial the access number first,
wait, and then dialing the number you really want!
Old July 4th 07, 04:41 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Brian A

wrote:

On Wed, 04 Jul 2007 06:48:53 GMT, Brian wrote:

Which VOIP provider has the cheapest calls to UK mobiles?

TIA.

Peak times : voipcheap.com
Not sure about off peak...voip.co.uk charge 5p/min at the weekends -
not earth shattering is it!

The best yet I think. Looks like they're that rate at all times.

Well voipcheap.com are the same price at all times ( about 9p/min I
think) but voip.co.uk aren't. Looks like I was wrong about the 5p -
gone up to 7p/min - not very good for a weekend call.
Destination Type Price Day/eve/We
Vodafone Mobile 15p/10p/7p
T-Mobile Mobile 15p/10p/7p
O2 Mobile 15p/10p/7p
Orange Mobile 15p/10p/8p
Virgin Mobile 15p/10p/7p
Three Mobile 25p/17p/5p
Other Mobile 25p/17p/13p

You can always access 18185 via an 0808 but that isn't really voip is
it.

and it's awfully long winded having to dial the access number first,
wait, and then dialing the number you really want!

Can still use a orchid dialler box if you wanted though.

---

Old July 4th 07, 05:38 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
{{{{{Welcome}}}}}

wrote:

On Wed, 04 Jul 2007 06:48:53 GMT, Brian wrote:

Which VOIP provider has the cheapest calls to UK mobiles?

TIA.

Peak times : voipcheap.com
Not sure about off peak...voip.co.uk charge 5p/min at the weekends -
not earth shattering is it!

The best yet I think. Looks like they're that rate at all times.

You can always access 18185 via an 0808 but that isn't really voip is
it.

and it's awfully long winded having to dial the access number first,
wait, and then dialing the number you really want!

It's what I do from time to time, you live with it.

Old July 4th 07, 06:09 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
News Reader

wrote:

On Wed, 04 Jul 2007 06:48:53 GMT, Brian wrote:

Which VOIP provider has the cheapest calls to UK mobiles?

TIA.

Peak times : voipcheap.com
Not sure about off peak...voip.co.uk charge 5p/min at the weekends -
not earth shattering is it!

The best yet I think. Looks like they're that rate at all times.

You can always access 18185 via an 0808 but that isn't really voip is
it.

and it's awfully long winded having to dial the access number first,
wait, and then dialing the number you really want!

Surely it is a pretty minor rather than awful and relatively short long
windedness...? Compare to a few years ago, waiting for a pulse dialling
equipment to punch out each and every number and then probably get it wrong
or fail because of user impatience! lol

Also - pre-program the access number, including a pause at the end, and with
most modern cordless phones you can either pre-dial the rest of the number
or, your choice, whilst it starts dialling the access number pump in the
actual destination number and before you are done, it will have caught up
and you will be being connected in real time.

To be fair, that is actually no bother at all.

Method A
=======

1 - Choose 1899 Memory Dial
2 - Continue to dial target number which gets added to the end of the dial
string
3 - Hit green, wait a few seconds - all done

Method B
=======

1 - Choose 1899 Memory Dial
2 - Hit green
3 - Continue to dial target number
4 - By the time you finish dialling the target number the system will have
caught up to you and you will be together in real time so you will connect
the second you finish dialling the actual end target number

Hope that helps.

Works very well and as I say, very swiftly becomes completely fluid and is
actually kind of fun. Knowing that so simply yet effectively you are
achieving good telecoms savings, etc. through the joy of "routing", etc.

Best wishes,

News Reader

Old July 4th 07, 06:22 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Brian

wrote:

[...]

Now I'm back with BT I suppose the 18185/1899 service will do, as long
as I set up a DD to stop them stuffing up my card payments and
blocking me a few days each month.
Old July 4th 07, 06:29 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Brian

On Wed, 04 Jul 2007 16:09:40 GMT, "News Reader"
wrote:

.. .
wrote:

[...]

Fine if you're not senile! lol

Works very well and as I say, very swiftly becomes completely fluid and is
actually kind of fun. Knowing that so simply yet effectively you are
achieving good telecoms savings, etc. through the joy of "routing", etc.

Trouble is there are three of us here, and each requires a separate
service, and I have to run it all!!

Anyway back to BT and just use the orchid dialers now :-)

Old July 4th 07, 07:39 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
GymRatZ

Brian A wrote:
Well voipcheap.com are the same price at all times ( about 9p/min I
think)

Voipcheap.com call to mobile 22'24" = 2.19 Euro Inc 19% VAT

2.19 Euro = 1.478 = approx. 6.5p / minute all in, any time any day, any
network.
voipcheap.com charge by the minute, lots of others charge by the second,
but you'd have to be making _very_ short calls to make any significant
saving over voipcheap.com

HTH
Pete
--
http://www.gymratz.co.uk - the nations favourite Gym Equipment supplier.
http://www.water-Rower.co.uk - We'll give you a 10% discount if you ask!
Old July 4th 07, 11:11 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
News Reader

"Brian" wrote in message
On Wed, 04 Jul 2007 16:09:40 GMT, "News Reader"
wrote:

. ..
wrote:

[...]

Good stuff Brian.

Hope it all goes nicely and cheaply, etc.

Best wishes,

News Reader