Siemens S450IP and trixbox

Old July 4th 07, 02:00 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Alister

Default Siemens S450IP and trixbox

Hi,

Has anyone had any experience of these phones on Trixbox, particularly
has anyone managed to get call transfers working?

My phones have firmware 020610000000 / 041.00 and EEPROM version 93.

I have followed instructions found on various forums / newsgroups, and
have done the following:

Made sure chan_local.so is loaded

made sure the siemens send DTMF over SIP

made sure the dialplan options include T and t for all routes
(including internal)

Edited features.conf like so:

[general]
featuredigittimeout = 999 ; The default of 500 was too short
transferdigittimeout = 8 ; again, default too short

[featuremap]
blindxfer = ## ; Blind transfer
atxfer = #1 ; Attended transfer
disconnect = #0 ; Disconnect

The problem is, the trixbox seems to disregard the ##, #0 or #1 whilst
in a call from the seimens,
and does not allow me to input an extension number or transfer a call.

Anyone got any suggestions?

Thanks

Alastair.

Old July 4th 07, 02:26 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Gordon Henderson

In article . com,
Alister wrote:
Hi,

Has anyone had any experience of these phones on Trixbox, particularly
has anyone managed to get call transfers working?

I have many C460IP's on asterisk boxes - not trixbox and call transfers
are working just fine.

made sure the dialplan options include T and t for all routes
(including internal)

Edited features.conf like so:

[general]
featuredigittimeout = 999 ; The default of 500 was too short
transferdigittimeout = 8 ; again, default too short

[featuremap]
blindxfer = ## ; Blind transfer
atxfer = #1 ; Attended transfer
disconnect = #0 ; Disconnect

Looks very familiar

The problem is, the trixbox seems to disregard the ##, #0 or #1 whilst
in a call from the seimens,
and does not allow me to input an extension number or transfer a call.

Anyone got any suggestions?

I'd go in and manually check the extensions.conf file(s) generated by
trixbox to make sure they really do have the Tt options in the dial
instructions. (I don't use trixbox, so not much more help than this
though)

I'd also set the C460's to use rfc2833 for tones, and have this in the
sip.conf file. I had to un-check the "in audio" option, but I've no idea
if the config for the c450's are similar.

If you have another SIP phone (not a C450), you can see if the ##
is working on that first - that would make sure the trixobx system is
actually listening out for the ## code - at least if that worked (or
didn't) it would give you a closer pointer to look at .. (ie. elimiate
the trixbox if it worked, or point the finger at trixbox if it didn't!)

Gordon
Old July 4th 07, 06:14 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Alister

On 4 Jul, 13:26, Gordon Henderson wrote:
In article . com,

Alister wrote:

snip

Looks very familiar

[...]

Thanks Gordon,
Forgot to say that with our desktop phones (Atcom AT-530) although
they normally transfer
calls using their built in FWD key, they will work using ## number
so the Trixbox bit seems to
work ok for them.

Looking through the trixbox logs, when using an AT-530 you see the
line
'DTMF received on channel SIP/blah' followed by the usual code as it
translates the specified
extension number and sets up the call. When you use the Siemens,
nothing.

I might add that it is not just one handset that has this problem. We
are running 20 or so desktop
phones and 12 Seimens handsets, using 4 base stations, and we have the
same problem with any
of the Siemens.

Thanks again for your suggestion,

Alastair.

Old July 4th 07, 10:55 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Tim

Alister wrote:
Hi,

Has anyone had any experience of these phones on Trixbox, particularly
has anyone managed to get call transfers working?

Have you changed the DTMF type to RFC2833? Untick where it says Audio.

Tim

Old July 15th 07, 04:00 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Jono

After serious thinking Tim wrote :
Alister wrote:
Hi,

Has anyone had any experience of these phones on Trixbox, particularly
has anyone managed to get call transfers working?

Have you changed the DTMF type to RFC2833? Untick where it says Audio.

Tim

Hmm.

Call transfer works fine on inbound calls to the handset, albeit using
the # key, rather than R.

Unfortunately, there seems no way to transfer a call that has been
initiated on the handset.

Pressing R does nothing.

Pressing #, I can hear the tone which seems to echo back repeatedly.

Any tips Tim?

At this point, I think I may be better off with normal cordless phones
plugged into an SPA or PAP2.....

Old July 15th 07, 04:35 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Gordon Henderson

Alister wrote:
Hi,

Has anyone had any experience of these phones on Trixbox, particularly
has anyone managed to get call transfers working?

Have you changed the DTMF type to RFC2833? Untick where it says Audio.

Tim

Hmm.

Call transfer works fine on inbound calls to the handset, albeit using
the # key, rather than R.

Unfortunately, there seems no way to transfer a call that has been
initiated on the handset.

Pressing R does nothing.

Pressing #, I can hear the tone which seems to echo back repeatedly.

Any tips Tim?

At this point, I think I may be better off with normal cordless phones
plugged into an SPA or PAP2.....

You need both t and T in the Dial() command in the dialplan.

I've no idea how you implement this in Trixbox though.

Gordon
Old July 15th 07, 05:22 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
alexd

Gordon Henderson wrote:

You need both t and T in the Dial() command in the dialplan.

I've no idea how you implement this in Trixbox though.

In the General section in FreePBX, there are options to allow the caller and
the callee to transfer calls.

--
http://ale.cx/ (AIM:troffasky) )
16:21:27 up 77 days, 18:24, 4 users, load average: 0.82, 0.83, 0.51

Old July 16th 07, 11:46 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Jono

Gordon Henderson explained on 15/07/2007 :

You need both t and T in the Dial() command in the dialplan.

I've no idea how you implement this in Trixbox though.

Gordon

Yes, thanks. I had considered that, however, any IVRs that require a #
to be dialled result in the transfer process commencing.

I wish the Siemens' R key worked.

Old July 17th 07, 10:27 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Gordon Henderson

In article ,
Jono wrote:
Gordon Henderson explained on 15/07/2007 :

You need both t and T in the Dial() command in the dialplan.

I've no idea how you implement this in Trixbox though.

Gordon

Yes, thanks. I had considered that, however, any IVRs that require a #
to be dialled result in the transfer process commencing.

I wish the Siemens' R key worked.

Me too )-: It works in the analogue side of things, but not yet on the
SIP side.

You can change the codes if features.conf (or however trixbox lets you
edit that file), but it still might not be 100% and the Siemens don't
like passing on a * either - although I've never tried it once the
call is established - any trailling * when dialling is interpreted as
"switch to the non default port" (ie. if VoIP is the default, then the
number will be dialled over the PSTN connection)

I still like them though.

Gordon
Old July 17th 07, 02:05 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Paul Hayes

Jono wrote:
Gordon Henderson explained on 15/07/2007 :

You need both t and T in the Dial() command in the dialplan.

I've no idea how you implement this in Trixbox though.

Gordon

Yes, thanks. I had considered that, however, any IVRs that require a #
to be dialled result in the transfer process commencing.

I wish the Siemens' R key worked.

The Siemens "R" key does work, Asterisk doesn't know how to handle the
flash-hook signal that the R key sends. The actual signal depends on
your selected DTMF method, rfc2833 sends an RTP DTMF Event message with
a value of 16. SIP Info sends a SIP INFO message with event value 16
but you can change this in the Siemens config because there is currently
no standardised way of sending a flash hook in SIP Info.

--
Working Email:

paul-at-polog40-dot-org-dot-uk