Answering machine and IVR with Sipgate account

Old November 2nd 07, 03:14 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Ronald Pfitzer

Default Answering machine and IVR with Sipgate account

Hello,

for a social purpose (spoken news for blind peoeple) I┤v the idea to install
a answering machine with can be controlled by IVR, all based on an account
from Sipgate. Is there a simple solution for a Linux based OS. I think,
Asterisk is a little bit too complicate.

Ronald

Old November 2nd 07, 03:25 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
alexd

Ronald Pfitzer wrote:

Hello,

for a social purpose (spoken news for blind peoeple) I┤v the idea to
install a answering machine with can be controlled by IVR, all based on an
account from Sipgate. Is there a simple solution for a Linux based OS. I
think, Asterisk is a little bit too complicate.

Asterisk is only complicated if you make it complicated. It's incredibly
flexible and will happily do as little or as much as you want it to.

If by 'too complicate' you mean that you don't want to fiddle about with
text files to set it up, have a look at Trixbox. Trixbox is also available
as a VMWare Player image if you don't have a PC spare. Trixbox is by no
means simple, but it is easy to get going, especially in a pure-IP
environment.

If you are going to set it up using Asterisk, I suggest you create your
spoken newscast using the voicemail interface, as that will allow people to
fast forward/rewind the message as appropriate.

--
http://ale.cx/ (AIM:troffasky) )
50,000 watts of funking power

Old November 2nd 07, 04:12 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
▀odincus

alexd wrote:
Ronald Pfitzer wrote:

[...]

Trixbox is the way forward.
Add a module to FreePBX called GabCast and you're done.
If you want this done professionally and are happy to pay the right fee,
just wave a flag here...

--
▀°dincÁs▓░░░ - The Y2K Druid