skypein number + Three mobile

Old November 9th 07, 11:09 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Stephen Hammond

Default skypein number + Three mobile

How much does a Skypein Number cost (to own ) and will it work with Three
mobiles Skype phone ?

Stephen

--

Lift share day 14th June www.liftshare.org

Old November 9th 07, 12:54 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Chris Davies

Stephen Hammond wrote:
How much does a Skypein Number cost (to own ) and will it work with Three
mobiles Skype phone ?

You could always go and look at Skype's website and find out the cost
yourself.

Chris
Old November 9th 07, 01:13 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Phil

"Stephen Hammond" wrote in message
How much does a Skypein Number cost (to own ) and will it work with Three
mobiles Skype phone ?

Stephen

Skype in and Skype out don't work with Three, they restrict you to
phoning/messaging other Skype users. It may be possible if you use some
third party software but I don't know for sure.

Old November 9th 07, 03:04 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Simon

On Fri, 9 Nov 2007 13:13:46 -0000, "Phil"
wrote:

"Stephen Hammond" wrote in message
How much does a Skypein Number cost (to own ) and will it work with Three
mobiles Skype phone ?

Stephen

Skype in and Skype out don't work with Three, they restrict you to
phoning/messaging other Skype users. It may be possible if you use some
third party software but I don't know for sure.

Seems to work with Fring on a Windows Mobile 6 mobile with a 3 SIM,
but I tried with the skypephone and it doesn't recognise that a call
was being made through the SkypeIn number.

Old November 9th 07, 03:42 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
alexd

Stephen Hammond wrote:

How much does a Skypein Number cost (to own ) and will it work with Three
mobiles Skype phone ?

Rumour has it that Three make a lot of their money from call termination
fees to their mobile numbers. I'm not sure how true this is, but if it is
true, I can't see them wanting to jeopardise this stream of revenue by
letting their customers have mobile numbers that cost a reasonable amount
of money to call.

--
http://ale.cx/ (AIM:troffasky) )
15:41:23 up 7 days, 8:26, 2 users, load average: 0.14, 0.23, 0.20

Old November 9th 07, 11:05 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
n.a.

No, the skype-in does not work with the three phone x-series. If you read
the small print on threes web site.

I have three with a N95 and normal skype works great, but have the unlimited
(well sort of) 5 internet package.

NA

Old November 11th 07, 09:48 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Soruk

On Fri, 9 Nov 2007 13:13:46 -0000, Phil wrote:
"Stephen Hammond" wrote in message
How much does a Skypein Number cost (to own ) and will it work with Three
mobiles Skype phone ?

Stephen

Skype in and Skype out don't work with Three, they restrict you to
phoning/messaging other Skype users. It may be possible if you use some
third party software but I don't know for sure.

If you can receive calls forwarded from another Skype user, get yourself a
second (computer-based) Skype account, put the Skype-In number on that,
and set up call forwarding when offline, pointing to the Skype username
you're using on the Three phone.

Mail Me Anywhere - http://www.MailMeAnywhere.com/ - Mobile email