free UK numbers for your international contacts

Old November 10th 07, 06:03 PM posted to uk.telecom.mobile,uk.telecom,uk.telecom.voip
baxide

Default free UK numbers for your international contacts

It is an interesting concept that Manifone came up with:

They will give users a directory of plain UK phone numbers, that they
can forward to any international number of their choice. Currently
they offer 4 London numbers that one can point to his most frequently
called destinations abroad. At no fixed monthly costs. But still,
what's the point of all this?

The point is, that the combined cost of calling a UK number + the low
rate of the call forwarding add up to a much lower combined rate than
calling abroad directly. This is especially useful if you have
inclusive minutes and you call one a landline destination abroad which
will result in a total cost of no more than 2p a minute. Not bad,
actually, but isn't it the same as access numbers? No, because while
access numbers keep changing, are not available from all networks,
require the user to authenticate with PIN + dial the destination
afterwards, Manifone's Direct Numbers will ring directly and
immediately at the preset destination.

Free trial accounts are offered on the website www.manifone.com

Old November 11th 07, 11:30 AM posted to uk.telecom.mobile,uk.telecom,uk.telecom.voip
Jon

Default SPAM

declared for all the world to hear...
It is an interesting concept

There's nothing interesting about spam.
--
Regards
Jon
Old November 16th 07, 10:45 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip

Sorry dude but check out 'Local Telephone Numbers with Low Cost
International Call Forwarding' (http://www.mydivert.com) which is a
thousand times better they can get you a landline number for your mobile
phone for anywhere in the world and I do mean anywhere in the world

I have a French land line number for my girlfriend and also my business
over there its great for my business work as they never even know I've
left France not that I'm up to anything dodgie.... hee hee

View this thread: http://www.wirelessforums.org/showthread.php?t=31759
http://www.wirelessforums.org

Old November 17th 07, 01:08 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Ivor Jones

"
wrote
in message

: : I have a French land line number for my girlfriend and
: : also my business over there its great for my business
: : work as they never even know I've left France not that
: : I'm up to anything dodgie.... hee hee

It's still spam.

Ivor

Old November 19th 07, 10:19 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
johnG

I thought spam was email??

Anyway, if you look at it that manifone site has much higher call rates
than 'Local Telephone Numbers with Low Cost International Call
Forwarding' (http://www.mydivert.com) , although with mydivert you pay a
bit for the phone number each month.

swing and roundabouts I guess. Mind you, you cant even read the
manifone terms as they are in French... and they dont look to be so
professional outfit as the other crew.

I'm thinking of giving it a trial in Jan, as I'll be in Thailand for a
month, so would be great way to divert my home phone to a local number
and still get the calls when I'm away.