PAP2 and 1471 function

Old November 11th 07, 08:48 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Nitefoll

Default PAP2 and 1471 function

Hullo All

I've recently, finally, got my PAP2 set up properly for making/receiving
calls using Sipgate. Everything seems to be working fine.

Does the Linksys PAP2 handle 1471 type functions, where the last caller
number will be spoken to you?

The callback *69 works fine, just wondering if a 1471 function was
available?

Any info would be much appreciated.

Many Thanks
Nitefoll
Old November 11th 07, 01:25 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Brian A

On Sun, 11 Nov 2007 08:48:15 GMT, Nitefoll
wrote:

Hullo All

I've recently, finally, got my PAP2 set up properly for making/receiving
calls using Sipgate. Everything seems to be working fine.

Does the Linksys PAP2 handle 1471 type functions, where the last caller
number will be spoken to you?

The callback *69 works fine, just wondering if a 1471 function was
available?

Any info would be much appreciated.

Many Thanks
Nitefoll

The 1471 announcement is a function of your provider not the PAP2, or
did you mean 'Caller Line Identification', the number that apperars on
your phone when someone calls? Well, if it is the latter, and your
operator supports it, then, afaik, the PAP2 should work with it.

---
Remove 'no_spam_' from email address.
---
Old November 11th 07, 03:45 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
{{{{{Welcome}}}}}

Nitefoll wrote:
Hullo All

I've recently, finally, got my PAP2 set up properly for
making/receiving calls using Sipgate. Everything seems to be working
fine.

Does the Linksys PAP2 handle 1471 type functions, where the last
caller number will be spoken to you?

The callback *69 works fine, just wondering if a 1471 function was
available?

Any info would be much appreciated.

Many Thanks
Nitefoll

The spoken last caller is up to your provider.

Just use your phones call list to see who the last caller/s were.

--
Items for sale: http://www.dodgy-dealer.co.uk
http://petitions.pm.gov.uk/MetricNow
Old November 11th 07, 03:46 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Nitefoll

wrote:

Hullo All

I've recently, finally, got my PAP2 set up properly for making/receiving
calls using Sipgate. Everything seems to be working fine.

Does the Linksys PAP2 handle 1471 type functions, where the last caller
number will be spoken to you?

The callback *69 works fine, just wondering if a 1471 function was
available?

Any info would be much appreciated.

Many Thanks
Nitefoll

The 1471 announcement is a function of your provider not the PAP2, or
did you mean 'Caller Line Identification', the number that apperars on
your phone when someone calls? Well, if it is the latter, and your
operator supports it, then, afaik, the PAP2 should work with it.

Thanks for the info Brian I did mean the 1471 function as my phone doesn't
have a caller ID display. I'm with Sipgate and I don't think they support
that yet.

Cheers
Nitefoll
Old November 11th 07, 05:39 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Ivor Jones

"Nitefoll" wrote in message

: : On Sun, 11 Nov 2007 13:25:25 GMT, Brian A
: : wrote:

[snip]

: : : The 1471 announcement is a function of your provider
: : : not the PAP2, or did you mean 'Caller Line
: : : Identification', the number that apperars on your
: : : phone when someone calls? Well, if it is the latter,
: : : and your operator supports it, then, afaik, the PAP2
: : : should work with it.
: :
: : Thanks for the info Brian I did mean the 1471 function
: : as my phone doesn't have a caller ID display. I'm with
: : Sipgate and I don't think they support that yet.

I don't think any VoIP provider does, although I could be wrong. Get a
cheap CLID display and plug your phone into that. I have one on one of my
Sipgate lines and it works fine.

Another way of seeing which number was the last to call is to go to the
admin web page of your adaptor and look there, it will be listed
somewhere.

Ivor

Old November 11th 07, 05:41 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Ivor Jones

"{{{{{Welcome}}}}}" wrote
in message
.uk

[snip]

: : The spoken last caller is up to your provider.
: :
: : Just use your phones call list to see who the last
: : caller/s were.

He said his phone doesn't have the facility.

A cheap CLID box is the answer, or for just the last call the web page for
the adaptor.

Ivor

Old November 11th 07, 06:01 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
{{{{{Welcome}}}}}

Ivor Jones wrote:
"{{{{{Welcome}}}}}" wrote
in message
.uk

[snip]

The spoken last caller is up to your provider.

Just use your phones call list to see who the last
caller/s were.

He said his phone doesn't have the facility.

A cheap CLID box is the answer, or for just the last call the web
page for the adaptor.

Ivor

He posted that his phone doesn't have CLID facility after I posted.

Old November 11th 07, 06:57 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Jono

{{{{{Welcome}}}}} has brought this to us :
Ivor Jones wrote:
"{{{{{Welcome}}}}}" wrote
in message
.uk

[snip]

The spoken last caller is up to your provider.

Just use your phones call list to see who the last
caller/s were.

He said his phone doesn't have the facility.

A cheap CLID box is the answer, or for just the last call the web
page for the adaptor.

He posted that his phone doesn't have CLID facility after I posted.

Which is why I'm sure Ivor suggested a cheap CLID box.....

I wonder why the SPAs/PAP2s don't have some rudimentary from of 1471 -
after all, they have an IVR that can read out numbers.

Old November 11th 07, 08:24 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Nitefoll

On Sun, 11 Nov 2007 18:57:55 GMT, Jono wrote:

{{{{{Welcome}}}}} has brought this to us :
Ivor Jones wrote:
"{{{{{Welcome}}}}}" wrote
in message
.uk

[snip]

The spoken last caller is up to your provider.

Just use your phones call list to see who the last
caller/s were.

He said his phone doesn't have the facility.

A cheap CLID box is the answer, or for just the last call the web
page for the adaptor.

He posted that his phone doesn't have CLID facility after I posted.

Which is why I'm sure Ivor suggested a cheap CLID box.....

I wonder why the SPAs/PAP2s don't have some rudimentary from of 1471 -
after all, they have an IVR that can read out numbers.

That's what prompted my question, after I confirmed the PAP2 IP address
using the telephone handset, but I couldn't find anything about a 1471 type
function, oh well, thanks for the info.
Old November 12th 07, 10:42 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Paul Hayes

Ivor Jones wrote:
"Nitefoll" wrote in message

: : On Sun, 11 Nov 2007 13:25:25 GMT, Brian A
: : wrote:

[snip]

[...]

Voipfone have a "1471" service.

cheers,