Help please

Old November 11th 07, 07:53 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Present Occupier

Default Help please

Sauron wrote:
I have a Snom 300 behind a netgear RP614 and I have tried both sipgate and
VOIPTALK and I am experiencing a delay in the audio from the caller being
heard on the sip phone, though after a while the audio works for a while and
then during the conversation it can go for a short while again this delay is
random in length.

Both devices are flashed to the latest firmware.

If anyone can help I would appreciate it.

Thanks

Dave

You must be on a network by the sound of it. If you have control, then
while you are expecting to use voip, try not to use mass P2P downloads.

If your router allows, try setting your ATA priority to the highest,
though I dont know how to do this on the router you mention, so it might
not be an option.

It could also be bandwidth related, either the codec is to high a rate
for your allocated bandwidth or your PC is actually doing alot of work
at the time of calls.

cheers
Old November 12th 07, 02:04 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip

On 11 12 , 2 53 , Present Occupier
wrote:
Sauron wrote:
[...]

what do you mean by "you"? don't understand.

Leon